Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- venealis - 2011-05-31

glad to hear(read) that your still working on it. Looking forward to the next release

- cruzannavy - 2011-05-31

I hard coded my genre icons to /media/genre and media/genre/fanart and excluded them from textures.xbt , that way any user could change them out as necessary. i found that including the studio and media flags in textures.xbt substational increased the speed o fthe skin when in views with lots of images, ie fanart media flags studio falgs icon and genre icons. as the ones in textures are already loaded in to ram appearently. also i found that if i reduced/resized/resampled the icons and fanart for genre icons it greatly improved the performance of the view ( a great bit actually) now finding the right file size and resolution for the icons and fanart took an hour or so of testing and retesting..

Question do you notice a delay or have you tested compressing the studio and flags and genre icons to textures.xbt.. to see performance difference?

I personally compress mine and keep an uncompressed one for testing/editing and i definitely notice a difference... thoughts?

And finally what lists/views cant you get the icons to show properly on? ive got them working on anything i have tried...

- powermarcel10 - 2011-06-01

Hi, looks nice! But does this skin also support PVR? Like the originale Confluence does?

- Mudislander - 2011-06-01

powermarcel10 Wrote:Hi, looks nice! But does this skin also support PVR? Like the originale Confluence does?

Yep. All the files are there and it works on my Linux machine.

- Mudislander - 2011-06-01

cruzannavy Wrote:Question do you notice a delay or have you tested compressing the studio and flags and genre icons to textures.xbt.. to see performance difference?

I personally compress mine and keep an uncompressed one for testing/editing and i definitely notice a difference... thoughts?

And finally what lists/views cant you get the icons to show properly on? ive got them working on anything i have tried...

@cruzannavy. To be honest I've never tried to test the difference in speed between compressed or not textures. I prefer having them all in textures.xbt as that way they are all in one place and less prone to getting lost and accidently deleted etc.

My problems with showing icons in certain views is due to using user defined paths, not hard coded paths. The variable for the path does not get passed into the container.

I've decided to delay the decision on whether or not to continue with soft strings or to change over to a hard coded path for a couple of days.

- powermarcel10 - 2011-06-03

Mudislander Wrote:Yep. All the files are there and it works on my Linux machine.

Allrigth very nice! So, actually, this is the default confluence skin, with a couple of mods? I was looking for this a long time..

Because, actually, I like the confluance skin the most, the only bad thing to it, instead of other skins, it's not so customizible like many aothers. So, this is the best! The mostst modded confluance skins did not have the PVR possibility, and I need that.

I have a couple of futher requests:

-The option for animated backgrounds.
-Coverflow option for movies and music.

EDIT: I doesn't work here on XBMC 11.0 versions.. Can you fonfirm this?

- Mudislander - 2011-06-03

powermarcel10 Wrote:I have a couple of futher requests:

-The option for animated backgrounds.
-Coverflow option for movies and music.

EDIT: I doesn't work here on XBMC 11.0 versions.. Can you fonfirm this?

Hi There, Please supply further info on your edit that, the skin is not working on XBMC 11.0.

The skin is based on the XBMC PRE-11.0 (Apr 18 2011) lars-opdenkamp-xbmc-pvr-lucid and yavdr ppa's. So my PVR is running on Linux with VDR & the VNSI plugin.

The fanart backgrounds are already animated, but I purposely have not done the home screen as that is way too distracting. However the update due out has the smoke effect from Aeon type skins.

I will get to Coverfolw eventually but have a lot of other views to get working first.

Dark Side of the Moon - Mudislander - 2011-06-05

Sorry guys, another delay in releasing the next update. I'm going on holiday for the next week & have been threatened with violence if I take my laptop Sad

However things are coming together & I've added Ronie's new script for a slideshow of the artist playing in music viz. Now able to use genre fanart as a multi image background for the Movies item on the Home screen. (You could always do it in Confluence, but now it's 1 click). The Cerberus smoke effect is running on the home screen - if you want. Busy changing the media cases to some that are a little more sophisticated. Added ability to easily change weather icons, only non animated though. Weather widget can show next day forecast instead of current conditions if desired. Support for the weather+ script has been changed to the Confluence's new version - It looks way better than what I had. Restored Confluence's ability to use alternative weather art packs. I eventually decided to go with hard coded paths for genre & studio logo's instead of being too clever for my own good and trying user selected paths.

Anyway enough warbiling on, I'll be back next week.

update v2.0.7 - Mudislander - 2011-06-19

[EDIT] v2.0.8 released - Links to theme packs removed from post as no longer needed.

Studio Logos can be copied into the folder - XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\media\studios
Thread on Logos or I haved saved a pack which can be downloaded Here.

Genre Icons are stored in the folder XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\media\genre
This folder will not be overwritten on any updates so users can keep their own genre icons here. I use icons from Xzener's Fanart Collection
Genre Fanart packs can be copied into any folder and set in the skin settings. I have saved some of Xzener's Here.

The folder - XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\media\altweather - is if you want to use your own weather icons 'Zappy getting struck by lightning ??' In this update there is an alternative set of icons, but in future updates this directory will not be over written, so whatever you copy there will stay there (I Hope !!).

Fresh Look After Reinstall - Mudislander - 2011-07-25

I've had a forced break from this mod for a while after I trashed my PC & had problems getting back. Actually got really pissed of with Ubuntu as Nvidia 9 Series drivers fight with Natty 64bit PAE Kernel. MCE Remotes no longer work with iMon recievers & so on.

Anyway I have now a fresh install of XBMC and this skin & think it needs some serious editing & this post is just to advise that things are changing. I'm planning on dropping the included themes, they can be a separate download. A lot of the setting switches will be removed as they counter command each other anyway. Mods like CDArt & ClearArt plus others are going to be enabled as that's what this skin was about.

Extra Fanart in the music viz will be removed as it's superseded by Ronies Artist Slideshow which will be enabled by default.

If anyone has any ideas or objections etc let me know.

update v3.0.0 - Mudislander - 2011-08-06

Ver3.0.0 Uploaded

Change Log

- Major Version Change - Media & Background Directories changed. NB: Advisable to delete previous versions & reinstall ver 3.00
- Changed Std Background for Videos, Movies & Photos
- Added Limited Extra Art - Studio Logos, Genre Icons & Backgrounds
- Bufix Favourites Home Widget not to show if No Favourites
- Added Ability for User supplied fanart for Favourites widget Fanart Image to have favourite item name in XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\backgrounds\favourites
- Redone Skin Settings page (Attempt to Group & Clarify Settings)
- Removed setting to disable CDArt and Clear Logos
- Removed setting to Hide next 5 Songs banner
- Music Viz redone. Ronies Artist SlideShow on by default
- Bugfix Music Viz extrafanart maintains aspect ratio of image
- Removed themes by djtoll - Avail in seperate download
- Home Screen Backgrounds for Movies & Music use cached fanart. Disable in Skin Settings. Changed from using Genre Backgrounds
- Added support for Ronies script.globalsearch
- Removed setting for search to use Music or Videos both now in submenu
- Added search Addons (Experimental!!)
- Bugfix More hardcoded English labels found & changed to $trings
- Removed Setting to change directories for weather icons & fanart
- Removed old Confluence PVR Advice - ToBe Redone
- Added Concert Menu option for Music Videos to Home Screen
- Temp Removed UK Film Ratings (Needs Bugfix)
- Bugfix change backgrounds on Favourites & Search Home Menu
- Removed Dependecy on script.favourites. Now use hacked version
- Added fanart for movies in Home Favourites Widget (Experimental!!)
- Bugfix added condition to not run tvtunes if not present
- Added New view - Genre Posters (Movies, TVShows & Seasons)

Small Bug - Mudislander - 2011-08-06

As usual I found a small bug straight after uploading an update.
If you have never added a favourite, the script will complain and fail. The easiest thing to do is simply add a favourite.
You can delete it again but the home widget will stay up empty (if enabled) as it only checks if you have a favourites.xml and not if it has any content.

Latest Nightly Problem - Mudislander - 2011-08-07

Convergence is not behaving on the latest Windows nightly 6Aug Sad Without checking I presume it's something to do with http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106772

[EDIT] Last working Windows build is 2ndAug.

update v3.0.1 - Mudislander - 2011-08-12

3.0.1 Change Log
- Bugfix XBMC Errors unmatched parentheses
- NB: XBMC pre Eden Nightly build post 11th Aug Required
- Code Update use ListItem.FileExtension instead of substring(ListItem.FileName,.mkv,Right)
- Added TagLine to Fanart view
- Added MyMovies view (if enabled in SkinSettings) Shows image /moviefile/mymovies-back.jpg
- Added More Studio Logos
- Added Viewtype Episodes
- Added Viewtype Halfwall2
- Added Viewtype Logo2
- Added Viewtype RightList
- Added Language Files
- Bugfix Poster posi in logo2 adjusted
- Remove (Temp) Viewtype Logo - needs work
- Removed Episodes from Wallstream view
- Removed Episodes from 3DView

[Edit] ReUploaded update as archive corrupt - If problems installing Delete archive in \XBMC\addons\packages & redownload.

New View - Mudislander - 2011-08-15

Decided to redo the movie views and get some consistancy as per new Confluence (Use panels not black screen). Here is my first attempt a Aeon Nox / Confluence mix. Still being worked on as I've just increased the size of the genre icons & need to adjust the plot etc now.

What I need are good looking genre icons that are not restricted to English and a decent list of genre catagories - so if anybody can help give me a shout.