Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

update v3.0.2 - Mudislander - 2011-08-19

Added media status switch and banners. Image stored in \XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\icons\mediastatus\
File names to be in local language e.g. English = Watched.png / Unwatched.png Afrikaans = Ongekyk.png / Gekyk.png

Hard coded genre catagories now strings in language files - Images to be same name as catagory

Removed views FullWidthList and PosterWrapView
Added views GenrePosterView and MediaPanel

As normal bug found after upload - Horror genre icon not showing. Fix will be in next update.
Also the Science Fiction.png should be renamed to Science.png

IMDB Flags - Mudislander - 2011-08-20

Been wandering around the net looking for "Multinational" Genre icons and found some IMDB flags. I've included them into my Genre Poster view (Bottom Left).

Think I might do a bugfix of the genre problems previously mentioned & release an update.

[Edit] Updated to v3.0.3 - Removed majority of studios (too many .png & causing probs) - Added IMDB Flag - Bugfix Genre names - Added genre name below poster in GenrePosterView (Undecided if they should be permanent).

- sjobbels - 2011-08-21

Where can I make the side bar of the menu a bit darker?

And @Mudislander are you planning to add big thumbnails to the music section?

thanks

- Mudislander - 2011-08-21

Quote:Where can I make the side bar of the menu a bit darker?

@sjobbels Unfortunately that would require a major hack of the home screen. It was the first thing I did & still had a lot to learn. Therefore all I did was change the density of the actual images in photoshop. Recently I had the idea to have a setting to change the transparency levels but stopped when I got to the home screen.

If you really want to, all I could suggest is adding new homeblade*.png images to the media folder, renaming them to something like myhomblade*.png & then changing every reference in home.xml to call your images. (Every skin update would overwrite your changes).

This would be a lot of work to get them to look right as they interact a bit when you go up and down the menu.

Content panels etc are controlled by <colordiffuse>AAFFFFFF</colordiffuse> changing the value AAFFFFFF will change the look.

I haven't done much to the music section yet, but will get there once I'm happy with the movie views

- sjobbels - 2011-08-21

thanks for the quick respons. It isn't that bad, I can work with darker backgrounds and it will be the same.

Then I'll be waiting for the music section! Thanks for the great skin!

update v3.0.4 - Mudislander - 2011-08-30

Change Log
- Added script.tvtunes to required
- Added script.logo-downloader to required
- Added Playlist Family Movies to Movies submenu
- Added Children TV Shows to Home menu
- Added Viewtype Children with Character.png
- Bugfix LibStats sometimes hiding behind Weather widget
- ReCoded PanelWallView (Temp. remove Studios + Genre)

bugfix update v3.0.5 - Mudislander - 2011-08-31

- Bugfix Home Menu selector not going accross to widgets
- Bugfix XBMC Log error pvrmanager.enabled not found
- Bugfix Hide Childrens menu if no TVShows in Library
- Bugfix Logo Downloader enable Character.png

Quick fix for bugs appearing after upload Sad

update v3.0.6 - Mudislander - 2011-09-24

Update v3.0.6 uploaded to repo with quite a few major changes underneath the skin. Again it would be a good idea to first uninstall the previous version before reinstalling this one.
The English language file has been redone to bring all the string id's to within the numbers reserved by XBMC for skins and as a result all other languages have been deleted.
A couple of views have been deleted, 3DCoverView as it was sluggish and unresponsive also MusicWall which had been included by mistake and still needed a lot of work to be done.
The skin settings window has been rearranged to try and make more sense of the options which affect other options. A scrpts section has been added to skin settings with the ability to bulk download logos & TVTunes.
The custom menu options has been recoded and users will have to redo their menus (Sorry) However the options for submenus have returned. Also a bunch of submenus have been added to the home menu.
A few of the movie views have been worked on, still trying to move to a theme.
Cinema Experience has been integrated onto the home screen, but to be honest I'm having a lot of problems with it on Eden.
A lot of other small changes and tweaks include the default cd image and a few of the settings that I'm tired of resetting everytime I update while checking this skin.

Have fun and please explore the skin. As always let me know of any bugs (Might be a few from the language file change)

- Mudislander - 2011-09-25

Found small bug - if Movie linked to TVSeries & viewed in TVShows under MediaInfo 2 then dvdcase not showing for the movie. Fixed for next update.

- sjobbels - 2011-09-26

Mudislander Wrote:@sjobbels Unfortunately that would require a major hack of the home screen. It was the first thing I did & still had a lot to learn. Therefore all I did was change the density of the actual images in photoshop. Recently I had the idea to have a setting to change the transparency levels but stopped when I got to the home screen.

If you really want to, all I could suggest is adding new homeblade*.png images to the media folder, renaming them to something like myhomblade*.png & then changing every reference in home.xml to call your images. (Every skin update would overwrite your changes).

This would be a lot of work to get them to look right as they interact a bit when you go up and down the menu.

Content panels etc are controlled by <colordiffuse>AAFFFFFF</colordiffuse> changing the value AAFFFFFF will change the look.

I haven't done much to the music section yet, but will get there once I'm happy with the movie views

Thanks for adding the option to change between the homeblades. Now it's my default skin! Are you planning to add the TV guide as well?
Great Skin!!

- Mudislander - 2011-09-26

Quote:Thanks for adding the option to change between the homeblades. Now it's my default skin! Are you planning to add the TV guide as well?
Great Skin!!

Thought you might notice that. Do you find the TV Guide useful ? I looked at it once and to be honest was not that taken with it as I did not agree with the dates shown. I'll have another look though.

You previously mentioned different music views, if you have a screenshot of what you're looking for I'll give them a shot.

Update v3.0.7 - Released update fixed small bug, added wide view to videos and recoded Childrens View.

- sjobbels - 2011-09-26

It's useful, but it's not working at the moment under eden. If you don't use it, don't take the effort.

For the music section I like the thumbnail view, but with the icons a bit bigger.

This view of the "Night" skin is also nice (without the pink shadow)

For the now playing view I prefer the simplicity of Shade:

Nightlies Post 2nd Oct - Mudislander - 2011-10-03

Those of you who like to run the latest versions of XBMC will have to alter the file addon.xml in the folder -addons/skin.convergence

Paste the following over the contents of the file ( If you cannot see any text while running this skin )
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
    id="skin.convergence"
    version="3.0.7"
    name="Convergence"
    provider-name="Mudislander">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
        <import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.tvtunes" version="1.0.6"/>
        <import addon="script.logo-downloader" version="3.0.3"/>
    </requires>
    <extension
        point="xbmc.gui.skin"
        defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
        debugging="false"
        effectslowdown="0.75">
        <res width="1280" height="720" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="720p" />
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary lang="en">Customisable Vertical Skin for XBMC - Pre Eden</summary>
        <description lang="en">Convergence is a mod of Confluence incorporating many of the now popular tweaks, addons and scripts all based on the Old School vertical Home menu with a more transparent look to enable a better view of background fanart.</description>
        <disclaimer>You break it - You get to keep the pieces</disclaimer>
        <license>GPL</license> 
        <platform>all</platform>
        <nofanart>false</nofanart>
        <nochangelog>false</nochangelog>
    </extension>
</addon> 

Also noticed small bug in the movies submenu -cursor will not scroll at end of list. To be fixed on next update

update v3.1.0 - Mudislander - 2011-11-26

Uploaded new version, a lot of stuff not inished off properly but found a major bug in last version - If you had no music lib, then in this skin you could not create one Sad Anyway works on my system & hopefully fixes more bugs than it creates.

Redid home screen, which may have a marmite effect over the actions of the selections. Started some work on Artist logos (Music Viz only a.t.m) Also started using extrafanart in various places plus a couple of other ideas here & there.

Started support for Machine-Sanctum's Artwork Downloader and ronie's watchlist script which should auto download with this update

Convergence featured in our blog - john.doe - 2011-11-28

Great work man! Just love this skin. Right now convergence is my default skin and am loving it! As a token of gratitude for your great work, we featured an article in our blog describing in brief how awesome Convergence is

Link :
http://techmeasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/covergence-highly-customizable-great.html

For any queries, contact me : [email protected]