Convergence - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)
update v3.0.0 - Mudislander - 2011-08-06 11:17
- Major Version Change - Media & Background Directories changed. NB: Advisable to delete previous versions & reinstall ver 3.00
- Changed Std Background for Videos, Movies & Photos
- Added Limited Extra Art - Studio Logos, Genre Icons & Backgrounds
- Bufix Favourites Home Widget not to show if No Favourites
- Added Ability for User supplied fanart for Favourites widget Fanart Image to have favourite item name in XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\backgrounds\favourites
- Redone Skin Settings page (Attempt to Group & Clarify Settings)
- Removed setting to disable CDArt and Clear Logos
- Removed setting to Hide next 5 Songs banner
- Music Viz redone. Ronies Artist SlideShow on by default
- Bugfix Music Viz extrafanart maintains aspect ratio of image
- Removed themes by djtoll - Avail in seperate download
- Home Screen Backgrounds for Movies & Music use cached fanart. Disable in Skin Settings. Changed from using Genre Backgrounds
- Added support for Ronies script.globalsearch
- Removed setting for search to use Music or Videos both now in submenu
- Added search Addons (Experimental!!)
- Bugfix More hardcoded English labels found & changed to $trings
- Removed Setting to change directories for weather icons & fanart
- Removed old Confluence PVR Advice - ToBe Redone
- Added Concert Menu option for Music Videos to Home Screen
- Temp Removed UK Film Ratings (Needs Bugfix)
- Bugfix change backgrounds on Favourites & Search Home Menu
- Removed Dependecy on script.favourites. Now use hacked version
- Added fanart for movies in Home Favourites Widget (Experimental!!)
- Bugfix added condition to not run tvtunes if not present
- Added New view - Genre Posters (Movies, TVShows & Seasons)
Small Bug - Mudislander - 2011-08-06 14:38
As usual I found a small bug straight after uploading an update.
If you have never added a favourite, the script will complain and fail. The easiest thing to do is simply add a favourite.
You can delete it again but the home widget will stay up empty (if enabled) as it only checks if you have a favourites.xml and not if it has any content.
Latest Nightly Problem - Mudislander - 2011-08-07 11:09
Convergence is not behaving on the latest Windows nightly 6Aug Without checking I presume it's something to do with http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106772
[EDIT] Last working Windows build is 2ndAug.
update v3.0.1 - Mudislander - 2011-08-12 14:49
3.0.1 Change Log
- Bugfix XBMC Errors unmatched parentheses
- NB: XBMC pre Eden Nightly build post 11th Aug Required
- Code Update use ListItem.FileExtension instead of substring(ListItem.FileName,.mkv,Right)
- Added TagLine to Fanart view
- Added MyMovies view (if enabled in SkinSettings) Shows image /moviefile/mymovies-back.jpg
- Added More Studio Logos
- Added Viewtype Episodes
- Added Viewtype Halfwall2
- Added Viewtype Logo2
- Added Viewtype RightList
- Added Language Files
- Bugfix Poster posi in logo2 adjusted
- Remove (Temp) Viewtype Logo - needs work
- Removed Episodes from Wallstream view
- Removed Episodes from 3DView
[Edit] ReUploaded update as archive corrupt - If problems installing Delete archive in \XBMC\addons\packages & redownload.
New View - Mudislander - 2011-08-15 13:26
Decided to redo the movie views and get some consistancy as per new Confluence (Use panels not black screen). Here is my first attempt a Aeon Nox / Confluence mix. Still being worked on as I've just increased the size of the genre icons & need to adjust the plot etc now.
What I need are good looking genre icons that are not restricted to English and a decent list of genre catagories - so if anybody can help give me a shout.
update v3.0.2 - Mudislander - 2011-08-19 21:10
Added media status switch and banners. Image stored in \XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\icons\mediastatus\
File names to be in local language e.g. English = Watched.png / Unwatched.png Afrikaans = Ongekyk.png / Gekyk.png
Hard coded genre catagories now strings in language files - Images to be same name as catagory
Removed views FullWidthList and PosterWrapView
Added views GenrePosterView and MediaPanel
As normal bug found after upload - Horror genre icon not showing. Fix will be in next update.
Also the Science Fiction.png should be renamed to Science.png
IMDB Flags - Mudislander - 2011-08-20 12:31
Been wandering around the net looking for "Multinational" Genre icons and found some IMDB flags. I've included them into my Genre Poster view (Bottom Left).
Think I might do a bugfix of the genre problems previously mentioned & release an update.
[Edit] Updated to v3.0.3 - Removed majority of studios (too many .png & causing probs) - Added IMDB Flag - Bugfix Genre names - Added genre name below poster in GenrePosterView (Undecided if they should be permanent).
- sjobbels - 2011-08-21 10:17
Where can I make the side bar of the menu a bit darker?
And @Mudislander are you planning to add big thumbnails to the music section?
- Mudislander - 2011-08-21 12:30
Quote:Where can I make the side bar of the menu a bit darker?
@sjobbels Unfortunately that would require a major hack of the home screen. It was the first thing I did & still had a lot to learn. Therefore all I did was change the density of the actual images in photoshop. Recently I had the idea to have a setting to change the transparency levels but stopped when I got to the home screen.
If you really want to, all I could suggest is adding new homeblade*.png images to the media folder, renaming them to something like myhomblade*.png & then changing every reference in home.xml to call your images. (Every skin update would overwrite your changes).
This would be a lot of work to get them to look right as they interact a bit when you go up and down the menu.
Content panels etc are controlled by <colordiffuse>AAFFFFFF</colordiffuse> changing the value AAFFFFFF will change the look.
I haven't done much to the music section yet, but will get there once I'm happy with the movie views
- sjobbels - 2011-08-21 14:23
thanks for the quick respons. It isn't that bad, I can work with darker backgrounds and it will be the same.
Then I'll be waiting for the music section! Thanks for the great skin!