Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Mudislander - 2012-01-05

Martijn Wrote:It's really great to see all these adaptations of things that aren't even available yet Big Grin
(I hope they will be soon)

Big Grin That's why Avatar is showing - I pinched it from one of your posts, also quite by mistake I was looking for some character art and came across "24" and dollshouse. In the disc and logo view you can turn off the logo as I know they're not avail yet.

update v3.1.5 - Mudislander - 2012-01-07

update v3.1.5 uploaded to repo.

Changes include
  • Added ability to use Disc Type Cases instead of Container Type
  • Allowed TVShows to use Childrens view with Character Art re-named CharacterView - supports character.png
  • Added MovieSet Manager to Context Menu (Removed from Options Menu)
  • Movie Plot now avail on Video OSD Menu
  • Resized Movie icon in Video OSD
  • New viewtype Disc and Logo supporting disc.png and logo.png - based on animated cases from Transparency
  • MediaInfoView can now support "TVShow/landscape.jpg" and "Moviefolder/extrafanart/*.jpg"
  • Added viewtype Media Info 2 - requested by castortray
  • Added System Option to toggle year/ratings in lists [WIP]
  • Added System Option to toggle media rez flag in lists [WIP]
  • Added system Option to toggle resumable bar in lists [WIP]

- castortray - 2012-01-07

Wow !
You are so fast, I will check it and let you know

- castortray - 2012-01-07

looks fantastic Smile

now I can finally switch to Eden,

thank you so much for your gr8 work

- Mudislander - 2012-01-07

You're Welcome, did a bit more work on script.moviesets as well Smile

Disc Art - Mudislander - 2012-01-07

Requires a little work on your behalf, but until artwork.downloader can give us disc art, I've found this site which can help http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers

- Martijn - 2012-01-07

Mudislander Wrote:Requires a little work on your behalf, but until artwork.downloader can give us disc art, I've found this site which can help http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers

And please help get more quality cdarts (and other artwork ) for movies.

Contact Admin or Kode on http://fanart.tv to get access on the new site (still not available for public) for uploading them!

Guides/tutorials are available on how to make them.

End User problems - ftpcake - 2012-01-09

Hey there,

New to xbmc. enjoying the Confluence skin and wanted to try this due to its integration of new addons and plugins but I seem to be having a problem with the home screen tab names.

All names seem so be adding "$vas" and "button" to the tab name.

I am also seeing this inside the general skin settings and the movies library mode.

I am hoping that its something simple as I would love to switch over to this skin from confluence

Discalimer: I am not a coder, more of an end user....Running Win-Vista 32bit

FTPCAKE

- Mudislander - 2012-01-10

Hiya
Looks like your version of XBMC is too old, Convergence runs on Eden version.

Edit Answered your post as I was off to bed, so to expand a bit further - Convergence needs an XBMC build compiled after 15th Nov 2011
This is due to the use of variables through out the skin and if your XBMC build is too old you'll see $VAR[blahblah..] all over the place.

If you are running Eden Beta, I'll need a debug log.

Whoops - Mudislander - 2012-01-11

I see my old webpage which housed all my "screenies" has gone down. Apparently exceeded my bandwidth. Will start editing posts to move links.

- rwings01 - 2012-01-11

Hi,

I'm new to Apple tv and would like to know how to update to the new version of Confluence. Do I need to install via PC or can i do it directly from Apple tv?

Thanks in advance for your great work

- Muther - 2012-01-11

hello, nice work.... can you please explain how to find and add more sources for streaming section? I would like to add more choices I can make the files and share them if you explain to me how to make them.

thank you.

- Mudislander - 2012-01-11

rwings01 Wrote:Hi,

I'm new to Apple tv and would like to know how to update to the new version of Confluence. Do I need to install via PC or can i do it directly from Apple tv?

Thanks in advance for your great work

Hi There, once you have XBMC installed on your Apple download the repo file Convergence Repo, copy it to a flash drive and then use the install addon by zip option in XBMC. After it's installed you should be able to get addons from mudisle.repo which has Convergence under skins.

If you need help installing XBMC then it would be better to ask in the Mac section as this is about my limit of Apple knowledge Wink

Also just make sure it's this skin you want as it's called Convergence not Confluence Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-01-11

Muther Wrote:hello, nice work.... can you please explain how to find and add more sources for streaming section? I would like to add more choices I can make the files and share them if you explain to me how to make them.

thank you.

I'd love to see more files Smile ATM there is only small support for them in the skin, but it's something I'd be quite willing to do a bit more work on.

A strm file is just a text file containing the url with the extension .strm
Once you have made your strm file you can browse to it in the "Home Page Streaming" section of "Add-on Shortcuts" in the "Skin Settings page". Unfortunately there is only room for six at ATM, so you'll have to replace one of the default ones.

There is more info in this thread How to Play Internet TV

Also the wiki has a little bit of info HowTo Play Internet streams

This plugin thread LiveStreams has quite a few urls in them. I Originally tried the plugin, but too many dead urls for me and I wanted something simpler.

And please if you find some good ones please share them Smile

Edit Forgot to mention the example files included are located in "XBMC/addons/skin.convergence/streaming"

- Mudislander - 2012-01-14

For those interested in this skin, I’ve got some free time in a couple of weeks and wanted to do a major overhaul on the code.

I’ve decided to bring the skin in line with XBMC’s preferred practices, which means the “icons” directory will have to go and the images included into Textures.xbt. This is a good thing as users will be able to create their own directory in media for their own genre images etc and not get overwritten by updates. The scripts included will also have to go, the one for favourites is not serious but I’ll have to make a plan for the other script as it’s important to the skin. The LiveTV support should probably go as that option has not made it into Eden and the code does kick up a few errors for non PVR versions of XBMC.

I’ll also be changing the name to convergence.svn as once we have a stable version following XBMC guidelines I’ll make a request to the official repo. You may have noticed I’ve started saying based on Confluence and not a MOD of Confluence.

So now is your chance to shout out if you’re interested in seeing something included or booted!