Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: logo - Mudislander - 2012-01-19

@sjobbels - was wondering if you'd see bstarks16's post Wink

OK what I've done in the new version is A: reduced the size & B: the existing logo is now a fallback, so what you must do if create yourself a transparent .png 192x55 pixels and name it "SkinLogo.png" then place it in the "media" folder of the skin alongside the existing Textures.xbt file. It will then be used if exists and not be written over on any updates.

@bstarks16 Thanks for the comments, originally this was a couple of "Mods" added onto Confluence so that's why it's in this thread.

@hdmax
Quote:One thing I did notice, (I believe it is a bug) on the home screen when music is highlighted it shows albums list twice instead of Artist, then Albums.
Strange, mine doesn't. Anyway you caught me on a good day as I am redoing the HomeScreen right now. Actually the whole Music section needs to be done, been saying that for months now Smile

- ftpcake - 2012-01-21

Hey Mudislander,

Thanks again for the great work. I have been actively using the MOD and have noticed a bug.

Artwork Downloader script does not find any extra fan art in your skin yet when I switch to the Transparency Skin it finds plenty. Not sure if this is a settings issue, I have tried to adjust them but since it works in Transp... with only the changing of a skin I assume not.

Keep up the amazing Skin work.

FTPcake

- Mudislander - 2012-01-21

Quote:Artwork Downloader script does not find any extra fan art in your skin yet when I switch to the Transparency Skin it finds plenty. Not sure if this is a settings issue, I have tried to adjust them but since it works in Transp... with only the changing of a skin I assume not.
Hiya, any chance of a Debug log. Seems to be running on my main XBMC machine (Linux). Will delete my extra art and rescan to check again. Smile
Actually the command to run the script has changed slightly, but that should not cause a problem.

On a different note I've just updated the linux machine to the latest nightly and I see the weather plugin is bombing out. So that will need a bit of investigating as well.

Edit Artwork Downloader working my side - when run manually

Quote:16:05:08 T:2869951344 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: [3:10 to Yuma] Downloaded: poster.jpg
16:05:08 T:2869951344 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://xbmc:*****@OCEAN/Videos/MKV%20Movies/3%2d10%20to%20Yuma/poster%2ejpg
16:05:09 T:2869951344 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: [3:10 to Yuma] Downloaded: fanart.jpg
16:05:09 T:2869951344 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://xbmc:*****@OCEAN/Videos/MKV%20Movies/3%2d10%20to%20Yuma/fanart%2ejpg
16:05:10 T:2869951344 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: [3:10 to Yuma] Downloaded: fOuig5rhqkrVVD1VsoL1jPz15hR.jpg
16:05:10 T:2869951344 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://xbmc:*****@OCEAN/Videos/MKV%20Movies/3%2d10%20to%20Yuma/extrafanart/fOuig5rhqkrVVD1VsoL1jPz15hR%2ejpg

- hdmax - 2012-01-22

Works on my setup, the only problem I have, (And I do not believe it is skin related, but could be wrong!) is when it downloads the artwork for movies of the same name but different versions, it always uses the new movie information.) I have four versions of "A Christmas Carol" (1951, 1984, 1999, 2009) Yet it downloaded the information for all four with the 2009 information. I have many other movies of differing versions, and in every instance this is what happens. (And I do place the year in the name as "A Christmas Carol (1999).avi", and so on, without the quotes of course.)

On an unrelated note. I can not figure out how to use the watch list addon that should work with Convergence. I have never used it with any skin, (So I am not sure how it works, other then having the ability to see the shows listed that are partially viewed, and what is next.) but was told it would work with this on. And I really like this skin, and would hate to jump ship, but to have that feature would be awesome to say the least.

ftpcake Wrote:Hey Mudislander,

Thanks again for the great work. I have been actively using the MOD and have noticed a bug.

Artwork Downloader script does not find any extra fan art in your skin yet when I switch to the Transparency Skin it finds plenty. Not sure if this is a settings issue, I have tried to adjust them but since it works in Transp... with only the changing of a skin I assume not.

Keep up the amazing Skin work.

FTPcake

- hdmax - 2012-01-22

Another thing I just came across is on the skin, background customizer there is no option to set back ground images for weather. I was hoping to setup fan art for weather plus, but no option! I am hoping this was overlooked and can easily be fixed.

Thanks for a great skin none the less.

Watchlist - Mudislander - 2012-01-22

Quote:On an unrelated note. I can not figure out how to use the watch list addon that should work with Convergence.

In Convergence it's shown in the home screen widget & is limited to 4 items. so you need to allow the Recent Library Widget to show and also underneath that setting, enable the Use Suggested Info for Media widgets. The way I've set it up is that originally you'll see the most recent items showing insead of a blank list. Once the script has populated the list the suggested items will start to show. Try watching a movie for 10 mins and then stop it. That movies name should appear in the Suggested widget on the Home screen when Videos or Movies selectionis highlighted.

I'm considering other ways to show the list, so if you have any ideas let me know Smile

Artwork Downloader
Quote:I have four versions of "A Christmas Carol" (1951, 1984, 1999, 2009) Yet it downloaded the information for all four with the 2009 information.
Somewhere in the thread for Artwork Downloader I've seen a post with the same problem, but yes that's not skin related. The script gets it's info from your database.

- Mudislander - 2012-01-22

hdmax Wrote:Another thing I just came across is on the skin, background customizer there is no option to set back ground images for weather. I was hoping to setup fan art for weather plus, but no option! I am hoping this was overlooked and can easily be fixed.

Thanks for a great skin none the less.

Hmm, I took that out as when I first did it there were a lot of Please help me posts around the forum. The skins weather background is already fanart based in that the conditions around the shack change to represent the weather eg night, snow rain. If you don't mind digging around your machines file system the folder

Quote: .....XBMC\addons\skin.convergence\backgrounds\weather
has a whole bunch of other folders named 00 to 47 these are the condition image folders, change the images to one's you prefer. There is a list there called weather.txt with the conditions number eg "0 – Thunderstorms"

If you'd like it would be easy to chuck in a setting for the weather fanart path in the next update, problem is getting "some" people to understand the structure.

While on the subject of weather fanart, if you've got the background of the shack showing and in the background there is a road sign saying "Road Closed" then it's not working for you as that is the fallback "Unknown" image.

- hdmax - 2012-01-23

I have looked through the setting several times now and can not find these settings. Although I already have the Recent Library to show on the home screen, but can not find it now to chance it to show suggested media. I do believe I am blind, because I set it up to show the recent items when I first set this skin up. It just seems to have vanished.

Mudislander Wrote:In Convergence it's shown in the home screen widget & is limited to 4 items. so you need to allow the Recent Library Widget to show and also underneath that setting, enable the Use Suggested Info for Media widgets. .

- Mudislander - 2012-01-23

hdmax Wrote:I have looked through the setting several times now and can not find these settings

Bit like finding a screwdriver you've just put down Smile

Try --> Skin Settings --> General Settings then under the heading "Home Screen Display" they are the 6th and 7th Items

- sjobbels - 2012-01-24

[quote=Mudislander]@sjobbels - was wondering if you'd see bstarks16's post Wink

haha I saved you some work Smile

Is it now possible to show the artist logo? I've downloaded them with the add-on but I don't see them.

And in settings I see the option for enabling concerts, but I can't select it.
Do I have to change something with the scraper?

thanks!

- Mudislander - 2012-01-24

ATM Artist logo only shows up while playing their music in Music Viz and on Home screen. Will be putting them into some views, but right now am about half way through completely rewriting the skin, trying to cut down on resources.

For Concerts to show it has to be in the XBMC database as a MusicVideo, not completely sure right now but there was a couple of issues with the scraper. Make sure though that the source is listed as MusicVideo.

- Jean-Max - 2012-01-24

Follow from
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=998511#post998511

Mudislander Wrote:Convergence works wth .strm files and custom addons to home menu.
Hello,

I tested Convergence some weeks ago
I didn't succeeded in adding an new 'TV' item to the Home menu an acess to my .strm links from it
Can you tell me the exact process for my .strm files ?

Thanks Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-01-24

hi There

Under Settings --> Skin Settings --> AddOn Shortcuts
Select Home Streaming Menu and browse to your .strm file

Give it a name and it will appear under Streaming on the Home Menu
Make sure you've enabled Streaming under Main Menu Options

- Jean-Max - 2012-01-24

Mudislander Wrote:...
Give it a name and it will appear under Streaming on the Home Menu
Thanks for the process Smile

I was searching for a new item in Home menu
I had not understood it was in "Streaming" item (even it's logical)

I will test it when return at home

Genre Icons - Mudislander - 2012-01-24

Busy re-doing the skin ATM. Now users will be able to create directory skin.convergence/media/MovieGenre to fill it with their own genre icons. If the skin can't find any it will fall back to the default internal genre icons.

This is where my problem lies, I personally prefer the icons included ATM but have been playing around with new ideas as the original icons are hardcoded into English. So looking for any comments.

I've found matching music icons for these, but not too fond of them

Trying to write on the labels could turn out to be a major pain