Neon - New Features / Changes - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Neon (/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Neon - New Features / Changes (/showthread.php?tid=99852)
- Martijn - 2011-12-24 18:00
htpc guy Wrote:I think this may actually happen. I know the artwork downloader script has been modified so that it can download movie logos. Now we are just waiting for the new fanart.tv site to go live with support for them. I think once the images become available skinners will concede and include the option. Check out the artwork downloader thread for more info.
Nox and Cirrus Ext. do have them incorparated in some way.
Even 'Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the ring' is a long title and that looks so sweet.
- bl4ck - 2011-12-25 12:16
What is the name file pause?
A few niggles - NebulaOdyssey - 2011-12-28 18:22
Love this skin btw, switched from T! Since this skin was soo good. I have found a few things that I would hope can be sorted out to make this skin even better. Here they are listed;
1. Music files .m4a or .alac does not have a logo in full screen info view (these are apple lossless files)
2. On the onscreen counter the number '1' does not have the same width as all the other numbers so this causes the counter to resize when 1 is displayed anywhere in the counter (a little annoying when you get "11:11 /20:00"). At least if the /20:00 could move left that would be better so there was no space maybe?
3. In music fullscreen info view the second part of the progress counter does not move. This means when I play music files that are longer than 60mins the seconds of the progress overlays the "out of" part of the counter.
4. Video file .rmvb is not recognised with video and audio logos in library view. The extensions are, audio: .cook and video: .rv40
5. I'm watching on fullscreen 1080p and the date does not fit in the black box at top left all of the time, e.g. Wednesday 28 December 2011 has the lest three digits sitting outside the box as the box is not long enough.
That's about all I can remember right now, could be more?
If you would like me to send any screens to help just MSG me back and I'll set to it. Thanks.
- stoli - 2011-12-28 18:33
NebulaOdyssey Wrote:Love this skin btw, switched from T! Since this skin was soo good. I have found a few things that I would hope can be sorted out to make this skin even better. Here they are listed;
Do the same issues exist in Eden Beta 1? There have been a ton of updates since the initial release for Dharma (which sounds like what you are using based on the date issue).
- NebulaOdyssey - 2011-12-28 18:41
stoli Wrote:Do the same issues exist in Eden Beta 1? There have been a ton of updates since the initial release for Dharma (which sounds like what you are using based on the date issue).
This was using XBMC 10.1 [compiled: Mar 9 2011] and the skin downloaded from addons looks like v1.6.2 [05.01.2011]
I'll only upgrade XBMC when stable, although I'm willing to try beta or svn skins. I personally find using xbmc live a difficult update procedure if your setup is customised for audio, remote control, LCD, and video. This is why I tend to leave the system alone until there are big new releases.
Question on Neon Skin - llwebb - 2011-12-28 20:15
I really like Neon and just installed it on a friends new HTPC. My own Home Menu contains "Movies" and "TV Shows" but the new install has them both unavailable in the skin settings. They are indicated as "Movies - Videos Library" and I want separate Home Banner entries for Movies and TV Shows. How do I enable that? Thanks
- stoli - 2011-12-28 20:24
You need to add his Movies and TV shows as sources and then scan them to the Library.
Movies and TV shows - llwebb - 2011-12-28 20:38
Thanks. They are added as sources but I don't understand what I need to do to "scan them to the library".
- stoli - 2011-12-28 20:55
After you add them as a source, define the scraper (thetvdb, tmdb, etc) you need "Update Library" so that it scans everything in.
Neon - llwebb - 2011-12-28 22:51
Thanks Stoli. For some reason I am having a real problem navigating today. I have the Movies and TV Shows defined as sources and cannor find the right place to add the scraper. Can you direct me please?
Geeez - I feel like an idiot. Figured it out myself and everything is OK now. Thanks for all your help!