ATV2 keeps losing source locations
I'm using ATV2 with XBMC. About every other night or when the power flashes, I lose my "sources" for movies / tv shows. I have my ATV set to get my movies from an external HD connected to the USB port of my Belkin Play N600 router.

I did notice some nights the router would be named DCHPPC1 and some nights DCHPPC0. I have to remove the source and re add it. It gets old after the 15th time, because I have to wait for it to scan/download all of the movie / tv show information again!!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
If I had to guess it sounds like the sources are set by IP and when the power goes out the router re-assigns those IPs.

Some solutions if this is the case:

Most routers will let you set static routs so that each computer/device always gets the same IP assigned.

If you are using SMB you should be able to add sources using the SMB browser and use their SMB share names instead of IP addresses.

If you are sharing from a Mac, several protocols (SMB, webDAV) will let you use bonjour addresses (MacName.local for example) instead of IP addresses.
Thanks for the reply! I forgot to mention, I do use SMB browser. I will look more into that though. The name in the SMB is DCHPPC1 and sometimes renames to DCHPPC0.
Sounds like you have to either keep your router from rebooting or find a way to statically assign a name to your connected hd. Because if the name for your connected hd changes, then obviously you will have the issue you describe.

Not certain what your question is really. Sounds like you know exactly the cause of why the atv2 continues to lose the source. The problem sounds like your router or power problem. Not the atv2 or xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 keeps losing source locations0