What Version
Hi,

Been using XBMC for a long time now. But just moved and wanted to do a clean install of xbmc.
So this is my question, What version should i use.
To narrow this down i have been using XBMC freak live version before and feel comfortable with this but i see people are having issues with the latest version (auto mount etc.)

Anyone recently done an install and found a way that works well?

im using a revo 3610.

Thanks,
P
If 10.1 does what you expect of it, stick with it. Otherwise, start experimenting with dev builds.
Yeah, Should i stick with xbmc live, xbmcfreak live or a linux install with xbmc on top?

Thanks
Well, it depends a bit on how much experience you have with or want to learn about Linux. The easiest is just do XBMC live and install it. Or XBMCfreak, but I don't know the difference between the two. I just run a generic Linux distro.
I can recompile kernels... lols...
im fairly good with nix so dont have any hangups there.
might play around with ubuntu and install xbmc over it.

One last question.
When i set this up and have everything running. if i then want to update xbmc or move to an updated kernel by doing a fresh install. how do i back up my xbmc settings etc so i dont lose any data in a reinstall
Just backup the '.xbmc' dir in the home of your xbmc running user.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Why would you want to do either of those by doing a fresh install??

But yeah, backing up ~/.xbmc is the way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Version0