Solved [Linux] No pass through audio with CK804
Using dmix, I don't think you're going to keep AC3/DTS passthrough.

A couple of things:

1) I don't know how you get this to allow you to select anything in XBMC. It doesn't seem to allow the selection of anything outside of a few options... and added asound.conf devices don't seem to be selectable

2) I tried this with mplayer. Mplayer worked with it, but of course no AC3/DTS. The passthrough *played*, but it's just audio passed through digital output.

Again, I don't think this is really working for you, except that it plays now. And seems to work. EG AC3/DTS is lost, as least for me.

Thanks for the try though. It would be nice if XBMC just worked, like mplayer, xine, vlc, alsaplayer, etc do.
I had the same problems and tried this last night. No success. But the problem seemed to be Pulseaudio.

If I tried to play a movie with dts sound while I had optical audio and dts capable reciever checked I got no sound and double speed video. Stereo audio worked fine (also from the dts movies when I unchecked dts capable reciever). In the audio settings I had no other passtrough devices to chose from than "Default (pulseaudio)"
After I uninstalled pulseaudio and rebooted the machine, xbmc gave me the ALSA-devices to chose from in the settings and voila - passtrough now works.

And I am using the asound.conf above. With the addition that I set that device to default also. Not sure if the asound.conf helped but at least it did not break anything. And I do get surround sound (dts), not only stereo. The display on the amp changes from PCM to DTS and sound plays from all speakers.

Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC Frodo 12.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] No pass through audio with CK8040