Assign new command from smartphone remote
Hello

I'm currently running XBMC v12 on ATV2 where im using Yatse on Samsung G3 to control XBMC. I would like to add commands so that I can download subtitles and change the delay of the subtitles without going into the menus in XBMC. I have previously done this with XBMC commander on my iPad where I assigned the commands to specific keys in keyboard.xml, where XBMC commander allowed me to create new shortcut using the keys I had specified in the keyboard.xml file. Now I cant do this with Yatse because I cant create new custom shortcuts, so I was thinking I could reassign some of the commands from the Yatse remote control interface that I'm not using anyway, for instance the volume up and down buttons. So I enabled debugging in XBMC to read what "key" is being sent from Yatse when volume up/down is pressed, where the log said it was "rightctrl" and "leftctrl". I have then tried to remap the command for rightctrl and leftctrl by specifying them in keyboard.xml under

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<rightctrl>subtitledelayminus</rightctrl>
<leftctrl>subtitledelayplus</leftctrl>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

but the buttons still control the volume. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Rune

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assign new command from smartphone remote0