OS X Automatic Swtich to Software Decode Fails
Hello,

I have several files of KickAss that when vda acceleration is enabled the hardware decoding fails. And the switch (automatic) that XBMC does when the file is not supported by vda decoder the change to software decodes still fails. What works it to disable the hardware acceleration. Here you have the debug log and the media info file.
Could you try in a 13.x gotham nightly or alpha version please? There is a newer ffmpeg version which might give some better hints to our decoders...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-06-24, 11:20)Memphiz Wrote: Could you try in a 13.x gotham nightly or alpha version please? There is a newer ffmpeg version which might give some better hints to our decoders...
What is the latest stable of Gotham? I have my system stable right now and i want to change the least possible.

Another strange thing that I've noticed and somewhat related to this are other videos , in the log, saying that vda decoder is being used by another process and so the ffmpeg kicks in. Do you know what can be happening?
There is no stable release of gotham yet ... its still in development.

If VDA is in use by another process thats all what i can tell - we are not able to make use of vda in that case.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-06-25, 20:12)Memphiz Wrote: There is no stable release of gotham yet ... its still in development.

If VDA is in use by another process thats all what i can tell - we are not able to make use of vda in that case.
Sorry my bad.... I was trying to know what build should i use that is more stable. The tests ,the monthly or the nightly builds.

Regarding the vda decoder being used by another process i only see if other app didn't release correctly the vda decoder. Because the only app open was Xbmc when i noticed.
Monthly builds should be most stable in the development process (but might be far from usable in some cases aswell Wink ).
(2013-06-25, 21:09)LordAnubis3 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 20:12)Memphiz Wrote: There is no stable release of gotham yet ... its still in development.

Sorry my bad.... I was trying to know what build should i use that is more stable. The tests ,the monthly or the nightly builds.

Regarding the vda decoder being used by another process i only see if other app didn't release correctly the vda decoder. Because the only app open was Xbmc when i noticed.

(2013-06-26, 13:58)Memphiz Wrote: Monthly builds should be most stable in the development process (but might be far from usable in some cases aswell Wink ).

Hello,

Here you go the log. But still does not work.
Mhh ffmpeg fails to decode that file aswell ... could you post the mediainfo (wiki) of that movie please?
(2013-07-01, 10:21)Memphiz Wrote: Mhh ffmpeg fails to decode that file aswell ... could you post the mediainfo (wiki) of that movie please?

In the first post you have the media info file.thanks Memphiz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic Swtich to Software Decode Fails0