Linux 13.1 beta 2 - HD Videos freezing
Hi Guys I hope someone can help and that the logs show the fault.

So I was running stable version of frodo and had no problems at all playing videos files from my PC and unraid server. I upgraded to Gotham and no when I try play to any HD video it just stutters and freezes. Old DivX files seem fine but anything .mkv file so far I tried just dont want to play.

I enabled debug http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=205442 and hopefully uploaded correctly.

Initially I thought it was my network causing the problem but I then copied the file to the HDD and still having same issue.

Looking at the log it looks like its scanning old shares that I dont use anymore so I will check the sources file.

***UPDATE***
I just paused and played the video and it started to play back but obviously this doesnt fix the problem as its causing Cinema Experience to crash too. Although thats not in this log.
delete ~/.asoundrc then make sure a proper audio device is selected in xbmc
I have deleted and rebooted but not sure which audio device to select for HDMI using an ASRock 330HT. Will go through each of them later this evening.

On another note is there any reason its still scanning files that are not in my sources.xml is it a case of cleaning video library ?
(2014-05-20, 09:53)wsnipex Wrote: delete ~/.asoundrc then make sure a proper audio device is selected in xbmc

Thanks that solved the issue Smile now just need to figure out if iv got any other issues
(2014-05-20, 18:57)DaSingh Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 09:53)wsnipex Wrote: delete ~/.asoundrc then make sure a proper audio device is selected in xbmc

Thanks that solved the issue Smile now just need to figure out if iv got any other issues

Which audio device you select?

(2014-05-20, 18:57)DaSingh Wrote:

Were did you find ~/.asoundrc ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.1 beta 2 - HD Videos freezing0