PS3 remote on ASUS Chromebox?
hi, today I went to use my Chromebox running Openelec 5.0 and the PS3 remote wasn't working. I then went to repair it, a box popped up asking for the pincode but no luck. Anyone else experience this? Also for is there a suggested key mapping for this remote or just default.

Thanks
unpair / re-connect (trust & connect). You can remap buttons as you want using the keymap editor add-on.
Matt, is the only reason to install the editor for the key mapping. If I leave the box on and walk away then come back the PS3 won't connect, any ideas to why this is. I have to keep pairing it over and over.

Thanks
when you paired, you selected the 'trust and connect' option? Then, select the 'enable standby' option to ensure it goes to sleep / doesn't eat batteries. If not, that might be why, so unpair / repair using these settings.
Ok Matt I just put fresh batteries in the remote. Deleted it from the list restarted XBMC. Paired it, click trust and connect. Once it's paired I clicked enable standby, does it hurt to let the box run 24/7? Sorry if these are dumb questions, just trying to understand why the remote keeps losing connection and has to be constantly repaired.

Thanks
I leave mine running 24/7, but suspend works well enough that it doesn't hurt to use it (and the PS3 remote will wake from suspend)
Matt the remote is running great since I enabled suspend after the trust and connect. Second when you say the suspend works good. Do I go into settings and change the shutdown button to susupend or can I just go to the word shutdown and click on suspend below it?

Thanks
selecting 'suspend' im the shutdown menu is sufficient. you only need to change the setting if you have a remote which send the 'powertoggle' command, which the PS3 remote does not. Additionally, you could map one of the PS3 remote's buttons to suspend directly if you wished using the keymap editor addon
Ok thanks for the info. Maybe I will give the editor a shot.

Thank Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 remote on ASUS Chromebox?0