v14 text onscreen when watching movies
Hi,
I have the latest open elec kodi installed on my Ras-pi b+ and when watching movies the text appears at the top left of my screen the following is an example (00.02/02 17:27[00.42:07])

My first question is what is this for?
And second would be how do i get rid of it.

Thanks in advance
The text.. as in sub titles? or is it the OSD with info.... toggle keyboard 'o' or 't' might clear it.
(2015-03-23, 20:10)quarticx Wrote: Hi,
I have the latest open elec kodi installed on my Ras-pi b+ and when watching movies the text appears at the top left of my screen the following is an example (00.02/02 17:27[00.42:07])

My first question is what is this for?
And second would be how do i get rid of it.

Thanks in advance
Just quoting yourself without at least attempting to reply to the person attempting to help you is a great way to get your thread trashed and yourself banned.
Hi Pat sorry not really good at computers took me this long to figure out this is where i am supposed to reply I don't think it is OSD or subtitle related as I have the subtitles deactivated it appears to be a time stamp and when it appears top left of screen the top half of my screen turns an opaque black and it looks like this
(00.02/02 17:27[00.42:07]) Also not using a keyboard have a remote coupled with the flirt dongle thank you
Sorry for any miss-understanding, yes it looks like a video time stamp or some such. I suspect that one of the OSD is behind this, I do see this issue if I press the keybaord #1 key (in fact most of the numbers), it gives the exact symptoms you describe. But after a quick few seconds, it exits... Which leads me to the possibility that somehow you have toggled this with a key-map issue or some misreading of your remote. While watching a video try pulling the the flirc dongle, and see if the timestamp disappears on it';s own,Indicating to a remote/key-map investigation.
Awesome thanks for your help I will try this tonight and let you know.
It worked thanks Pat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
text onscreen when watching movies0