Bug Music Library Genre Bug
First of all let me say thank you so much for this wonderful software XBMC/Kodi.

After recently upgrading to Isengard 15.0 I noticed that there was a change in Music->Library->Genre.

I own a large music library of over 2000 albums. Most of my albums are tagged "Pop\Rock". Some other genre tags I use are "Christmas", "Latin" , "Jazz". I noticed that now, after upgrading to Isengard, all genres appear only once in the list (as it should be), except "Pop\Rock" which appears many, many times and inside each appearance there is only one album. See pictures:

Here is the Debug Log:
Debug Log

I am running Kodi 15.0 Git:2f34a0c compiled Jul 22, 2015, under Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (kernel 3.13.0-61-generic).

My hardware is: Assrock BM75M-R2.0, Intel i3-3220 8GB Ram.

Isengard 15.0 was installed by the Ubuntu upgrade manager over my previous Kodi 14.3 installation that this not exhibit this behavior.

I changed the Skin to Confluence and the problem persists. I have not installed any new addons.

Troubleshooting: I changed the Genre tag from "Pop\Rock" to "Pop/Rock" on 2 albums, rescanned them into the library, and then a new genre appeared ("Pop/Rock") that included those same two albums. So, I think the problem is related to my use of the character "\" in the Genre tags, but this was not a problem with any of the previous versions of XBMC/Kodi I have had installed.

I don fancy changing the tags on 2000 albums to get this to work again. Please help

Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Genre Bug0