Android Whats happening with the BACK function lately?
Hi Guys
Unlike before the K15 upgrade, when I click the back button on my remote, or even the backspace button on the windows version, instead of going back (up?) one level, Kodi often returns all the to the home screen.

is there a way to control/modify this behaviour?
thanx

Minix Neo x-8h PLUS running XBMC for Minix
Minix A2 Airmouse
Minix NT II Bluetooth headsets
Windows 7 PC with Kodi15
(2015-09-15, 16:34)TheClown Wrote: Hi Guys
Unlike before the K15 upgrade, when I click the back button on my remote, or even the backspace button on the windows version, instead of going back (up?) one level, Kodi often returns all the to the home screen.

thanx

All things are possible with KODI, any trouble and help is just a google search away.
(2015-09-15, 16:34)TheClown Wrote: Hi Guys

thanx

Kodi still only goes back one level with "back" and "backspace" on all of my Android devices for v15. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens to you?
Thank you Ned

Something you said triggered a thought, and it turns out that on windows, I have been using the ESC to go back. Using backspace has the desired result.

On my Minix Neo, using the A2 Airmouse however, the back button on the remote behaves like ESC. I will draw a debug log tonight and post it.

to RONTONOMO : . Thanx bud, most helpful response..

EDIT : I think this issue is more to do with the A2 than Kodi itself. I will simply re-map the key to work properly.

For other A2 Airmouse users :

Here is a keymap xml for the A2 & A2 Lite that fixes the back button taking you back to the home screen instead of just one folder up.
You need to copy it to your keymaps folder in:
Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
Reboot XBMC and you should now be able to browse normally.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
<key id='61467'>Back</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Keymap changed to make both video playback continue playback when you press back and the one step back when you press back

Minix A2 Airmouse
Windows 7 PC with Kodi15
to TheClown : if you would have even looked at the kodi wiki you would have found all the info you needed. Dont be mad at me for pointing out your laziness.
Thank you for your unsolicited insult. I feel so welcome here...

I am a moderator and admin on SEVERAL other forums, so Let me offer some unsolicited advice in return.

When a noob asks for help, it is normally because :

- they are too lazy to look it up (human nature)
- have no idea where to look it up (ignorance)
- have tried to look it up, but was clearly on the wrong track identifying the problem in the first place (I think I was there)

So when I get TOO LAZY to just give someone the answer, It is my humble opinion that it is better to HELP the OP *find* the answer by nudging him/her to the place to read up on possible solutions. A web address, a link,and offer to look at their logs, ANYTHING is better than saying "its on the interweb somewhere, go find it." You will notice that when I did find a possible answer, I even posted it, just in case another noob has a similar problem. THAT is how you build a community! Your method?, not so much.

Damn just realised that your trolling was successfull.
Moderators, please close this tread, the problem has been asked and answered.

Minix A2 Airmouse
Windows 7 PC with Kodi15
(2015-09-16, 12:27)rontonomo Wrote: to TheClown : if you would have even looked at the kodi wiki you would have found all the info you needed. Dont be mad at me for pointing out your laziness.

Don't be a dick.

(Yes, I know calling someone a dick is, in itself, a dick move. Thankfully, I don't care.)
Just tried the fix and im happy to confirm that it is working 100%.

Minix A2 Airmouse
Windows 7 PC with Kodi15

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whats happening with the BACK function lately?0