Who is the Manufacturer of the M8 & M8S series?
Hey All,

Im writing an essay about android tv's and was searching for who makes/produces the M8 or M8S? I Googled it, but could not find any information about the manufacturer. For example Minix was easy to find, they have a company website.

Maybe im not looking in the right direction? Anyone know who manufactures the M8 & M8S or have more information about this?

Thank you in advance for your help or suggestions!

Manado
Eny / acemax
I hope someone can confirm this or maybe know/have more information about this.

Someone told me that TV Box models like M8 series and MX series are licensed products. It means that a factory/manufacturer pay a license fee for producing these models. There is not just one manufacturer for the M8 series and MX series, but a few. Unlike the Minix brand, only Minix produces Minix tv boxes.

Acemax is just one of them and because of this license system not all the boxes looks 100% the identical. I hope someone have heard or know about this and can confirm this please?

Thank you in advance for your help or suggestions!
Anyone knowsHuh
Post number 2 told you.

IMHO stay away from these boxes as they are rubbish. No support, no new firmware etc....
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
In china/Shenzen there are two big factories which are own by multiple (a lot) smaller chinese companies. They all have an interest in the factory and all use same resources, engineers, designs, etc. When they need to produce they book a slot and the factory is able to produce thousand devices per day if required.

That particular box will sell from multiple companies on Alibaba, where they do not copy each other. They rather all tap into the same resources. (Yet, all still try to give it their own twist etc.)
(2015-11-04, 11:13)Mylo75 Wrote: Post number 2 told you.

IMHO stay away from these boxes as they are rubbish. No support, no new firmware etc....
Exactly.
Its very easy to compile a standard Android Katkat image using standard Kernels and drivers and just plug that into these types of boxes. Next market with a flashy website, make all sorts of bullshit promises with the accompanying pumped up false reviews to sucker Joe Public in. Then take a purchasers money and run.

Then repeat the cycle.
MXQ devices are the same, here is a prime example:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239900

j1nx Wrote:In china/Shenzen there are two big factories which are own by multiple (a lot) smaller chinese companies
I know the thread was about to die, but allow me to revive. Is Miratek just another one in the list besides ENY / Acemax? See http://www.miratek.net/e_productshow/?59...RE-59.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who is the Manufacturer of the M8 & M8S series?1