Confluence new media view
Well not really in any sense that makes a huge difference, because currently the two windows are competing for your focus between them + backround and you get none of each enough to fulfill the task of showing one or the other efficiently enough, while doing that in the same style would probably yield a better visual an better usable result, you cant see it from there because metropolis is opaque while confluence is not.

Edit--

Im slightly busy atm, but Ill see if I can do a mock.
Well anyways, that is a problem that kind of applies to all of the existing Confluence "Media info" views and probably not gonna be "fixed" I guess? Would it be an option to add the new Media Info 4 without removing any of the existing views?
If nothing is removed, sure. But Ide like to see a refresh and a proper fix, rather than another half measure (I know wishful thinking), even though they are making another default skin I think.

Here's another thought, why not merge the two panes and keep them at the same lower/higher height at your choice, you then have the extra width to add the all missing info you trying to add here and more, that would be 100% much clearer and prettier also, my main dislike is the loss of symmetry, in case they decide to remove the other views.

Im not that great with skinning to achieve this full screen or merging the two panes, but if I were be assured there would be a few PR's fixing Confluence. I dont mainly becase my themes for confluence which I did to replace the current textures were shot down with unreasonable commentary and I have no wish to maintain yet another mod, else I would invest some time on doing this.

As is best I can do is spend an hour or so to do some mock so you see what Im talking about even if you dont care about doing it.

Dont take this personally, but I only use default skin cant really use any others as Im always on master tip for testing PR's and providing feedback and squash bugs soon as possible, so the possibility of loosing something Ive grown accustomed to also makes me slightly sad, so here hoping they wont be sabotaging the skin by removing views in case yours gets merged.
Having said that, Media Info 3 view could go, but keep 2 + this.
(2015-12-11, 12:52)un1versal Wrote: Having said that, Media Info 3 view could go, but keep 2 + this.

Media Info 3 is significantly different from the other views, and one of the ones I like a lot.

Media Info 2 and 4 are almost the same. Those are the two that need to be merged together.

My own personal preference is fanart be dammed when you want an info-dense view (summaries, flags, large posters, etc), but some people like seeing the tops of people's heads.
Hence I suggested a full screen window with no panes or the two panes merged as having several items competing for attention left pane right pane + fanart is terrible usability wise... but hey if people like farts, whoever is selling gas masks sells more.
(2015-12-06, 22:14)jpf55 Wrote: I love it

For my taste, the only thing missing is the MovieDuration, to the right of the ProductionYear

I have tried to modify MediaInfo3 but I'm not having any success.

Edit:
I was hoping all I had to do was to change:
IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml
ViewsVideoLibrary.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
but did not work... oh well

So, I got it to work and changed your line 2391 to add the Duration:
Code:
                            <label fallback="416">$INFO[listitem.Year]         $INFO[listitem.Duration] min.</label>
Thanks again

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence new media view0