Fast Forward & Rewind in RealMedia (and A/V sync)
(rli123 @ sep. 13 2005,14:07 Wrote:is this due to xbmc limitations or do i have a problem with my installation?
it's due to limitations (so nothing you can do about it unless you are a skilled c/c++ programmer), ...maerging your post into existing suggestion/request thread for this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have a bunch of tv episodes in rmvb format, they're great because they're so small (50megs for 25 minutes instead of the usual 175) but when i fast forward through them, the audio track falls a bit behind. anything i can do to fix this or do i have to live with it?

xbmc 1.1.0
mplayer build: 3.4.4 (cvs060420)

thanks.
Hi there,

I watch a lot of internet streams (realmedia) from tv series (reruns available on their websites) and I experience a lot of problems. It looks like the problem is cache related. XBMC freezes completely when I do the following:
  • Fast Forward a while
  • Skip a part by pressing the Jump forward button
  • Jump to a spefic moment in time by pressing the numberkeys
  • Pause for a period (to have dinner or so) and then want to continue

I encounter the problem alot because I often want to continue watching from to point I had to stop the day before. But, as you can see, there is no way of getting there. So I have to watch the complete episode again until I get to the part where I was.

Is there a solution to this problem? I never had it when playing from my pc. There I can jump around as much as I like. I just need to wait for the caching to be ready again (5 secs or so)?
Exclamation 
When I play RMVB files on xbmc, then skip ahead with the seek function, not the fast forward.... the audio becomes out of sync, if i play normally throughout the whole file it works fine or if i fast forward to the part i want

RMVB is a somewhat popular video format, please advise =DEek
im using the tech release 10329

(didnt see an edit button, sorry)
rmvb are ( and will likly always be ) shaky. check it with windows mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu), if it plays it much better, let me know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast Forward & Rewind in RealMedia (and A/V sync)0