uPnP, Emby, MySQL, Plex....
What is the best way to share/sync a library to multiple Kodi machines?

I'm trying Emby, and I have crazy amount of issues with it... first couldn't get it to work at all, later found out that it won't work with Krypton builds, but after a small modification to one file it "works" now, but only movies managed to sync partially...
Emby scraping is really bad, a lot of movies get mis-detected, it lumped all my UK and US shows with the name name together... Even though they are in separate folders....

Is uPnP or MySQL a better solution?

On uPnP, is Kodi smart enough to stream the media directly from the server? or will it stream from the uPnP host, though the server?

My media server is running Server 2012 r2 with quad gigabit nic.

NOTE: before someone asks, I'm running Krypton build on one machine because its the only version of Kodi that can render/play H265 4k 10bit files correctly, with good performance.
Did you even post for help on the emby forums? I can most likely help you with your issues.

We don't support Krypton yet, simply because the database structure is constantly changing at this time. However what you describe with your shows being lumped together as one shouldn't be happening.

Sent from my iPhone
Right now the problem I have with Emby is that it start syncing the movies, then it fails to sync boxart, then it tries to do TV shows after a while it will say server doesn't respond, all while emby is still running.
Do you mind posting your Kodi log? This way I can see the reason it's failing and hopefully correct it? Thanks Smile

Sent from my iPhone
PlexKodiConnect.
(2016-06-21, 19:47)angelblue05 Wrote: Do you mind posting your Kodi log? This way I can see the reason it's failing and hopefully correct it? Thanks Smile

Sent from my iPhone

What file would you need?
MySQL is very robust, but every version of kodi needs to be the same.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-22, 04:25)nickr Wrote: MySQL is very robust, but every version of kodi needs to be the same.

that one problem... I always like to have kodi on the bleeding edge....

Emby can drive a person insane...
(2016-06-21, 20:01)bigbadrabbit Wrote: PlexKodiConnect.

will give it a shot....
(2016-06-22, 03:57)nekrosoft13 Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 19:47)angelblue05 Wrote: Do you mind posting your Kodi log? This way I can see the reason it's failing and hopefully correct it? Thanks Smile

Sent from my iPhone

What file would you need?

The kodi log... Smile while you are trying to sync the content. There was a bug in the api not long ago which was resolved yesterday. I don't know if it could explain the error you were getting. However, your Kodi log would tell us specifically what error you encountered.

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPnP, Emby, MySQL, Plex....0