v16 Watch plugin output on another kodi?
In trying to keep a clean installation on multiple devices, I wondered if my main PC which has various video plugins installed could throw its output to another kodi device? So I have one master kodi device in the home, that shares the output of those to others. (I know I could just install the same plugins on each, this isn't what I want to do just now tho)

So I want to watch "plugin A that's installed on device 1" on device 2, without installing plugin A on device 2. Doesn't matter if device 1 has to play the content, as it's a server running in a cupboard, we just wouldn't have the TV on that channel at the time.

Can only see via the usual uPNP outputs though, for sharing my video/music library - so not sure this can be done. It's just gotten me curious - if I have to install the plugins on every device, yeah I can do that - but I'm trying not to in this instance.

Thanks for any info - been googling, but when you start googling for sharing streaming plugins, you get all the answers for the question you're not asking..
Interesting. I've mucked about with the AirPlay support using Kodi - Kodi but not really had much success. What would be great is if you could run Kodi on a Windows PC or similar and stream to smart tv via UPNP. Not sure if this is possible.
(2016-11-20, 17:11)lansalot Wrote: In trying to keep a clean installation on multiple devices, I wondered if my main PC which has various video plugins installed could throw its output to another kodi device? So I have one master kodi device in the home, that shares the output of those to others. (I know I could just install the same plugins on each, this isn't what I want to do just now tho)

So I want to watch "plugin A that's installed on device 1" on device 2, without installing plugin A on device 2. Doesn't matter if device 1 has to play the content, as it's a server running in a cupboard, we just wouldn't have the TV on that channel at the time.

Can only see via the usual uPNP outputs though, for sharing my video/music library - so not sure this can be done. It's just gotten me curious - if I have to install the plugins on every device, yeah I can do that - but I'm trying not to in this instance.

Thanks for any info - been googling, but when you start googling for sharing streaming plugins, you get all the answers for the question you're not asking..

Not possible.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watch plugin output on another kodi?0