KODI 18 Question...
not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i read somewhere (i believe at the kodi forum, maybe at the nvidia or xda forum) that kodi 18 / android will have the ability to incorporate voice search using the shield tv remote, which spmc apparently can do, is this true? i ask because i've installed k18 on my 2017 shield tv pro 5.2 and it doesn't seem to work... if i search for a movie using the remote mic nothing relating to kodi, i.e. the ability to launch the movie using kodi, appears as an option as far as i can tell, yet there's an option to launch with plex... am i missing something? thanks in advance for any help!
I am pretty sure you should be doing this within kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Has Kodi v18 Metadata been scraped for the Movie and TV content ?
That has to be done first when adding File Shares before even attempting Voice Searching.

(2017-06-26, 11:38)nickr Wrote: I am pretty sure you should be doing this within kodi.
ah, ok, gotcha, in that case it does indeed work... guess i just misunderstood how it actually worked, thought you could search for a movie from outside of kodi using the remote mic and a kodi instance of the movie would show with the other results, including plex as shown below... that said, it's still very convenient as is.

There are 2 new voice-related functions in Kodi 18:

1) Voice recognition:
Whenever the Kodi's virtual keyboard is open, press the mic button on your remote and speak. Speech-To-Text will be performed.

2) Android Voice Search
Wherever in the system, press the mic buttong to get the Android Search, speak out your search terms, and Kodi results will be listed under the card in your screenshot.

For 2) to work, the requisites are:

a) Webserver enabled in Kodi, with default port and no password (you can actually configure that, but let's kep it simple for now)
b) Kodi running in the background

If you have Kodi recommendations on the "Home", leanback, screen, the pre-requisites are fullfilled.

Now, for your screenshot specifically, ie the "card", there is an additional requisite not in our hand that the metadatas in Kodi match the google ones.
It's a bit hit-and-miss, but I noticed that most of the time the discrepancy lies in the year, where, e;g., the Kodi metadata has the production year, while google has the release year.
If so, the Kodi results will still show below, but the "available in Kodi" won't appear in the card.
(2017-06-26, 13:45)Koying Wrote: There are 2 new voice-related functions in Kodi 18:

1) Voice recognition:
Whenever the Kodi's virtual keyboard is open, press the mic button on your remote and speak. Speech-To-Text will be performed.

2) Android Voice Search
Wherever in the system, press the mic buttong to get the Android Search, speak out your search terms, and Kodi results will be listed under the card in your screenshot.

For 2) to work, the requisites are:

a) Webserver enabled in Kodi, with default port and no password (you can actually configure that, but let's kep it simple for now)
b) Kodi running in the background

If you have Kodi recommendations on the "Home", leanback, screen, the pre-requisites are fullfilled.

Now, for your screenshot specifically, ie the "card", there is an additional requisite not in our hand that the metadatas in Kodi match the google ones.
It's a bit hit-and-miss, but I noticed that most of the time the discrepancy lies in the year, where, e;g., the Kodi metadata has the production year, while google has the release year.
If so, the Kodi results will still show below, but the "available in Kodi" won't appear in the card.
very helpful, thanks a lot koying! based on your info i'll play around with it some more and report back, however since my initial post i've rooted my 2017 shield pro and installed the latest nougat image on it, just couldn't stand shield's gui, especially the annoying "recommendation" row, nor the extremely limited play store / side-load options... from what i understood all of shield's functionality would still be in played after the rom, and that seems to be the case, shield's os is present along with its latest 5.2 update, and all of the shield setting controls are present too, exactly as they were before the root/ nougat rom, can still mount drives, the plex server works as before, the shield remote works as before, etc., etc... of course future ota updates is probably broken, but if that's the only thing that doesn't work i'll be happy as heck!
Hi,

Iis there any way for the recommendations to work with a port different than 8080 (is blocked on my android box). im using port 8082 to access web server from my pc, but the recommendations and search are not working;

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 18 Question...0