Solved 5 unstable on Nvidia Shield TV
It won't show the .1 cause I didn't add that text update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But WTH the playstore updated the 18 nightly with 17.5Huh

I haven't launched the Kodi yet after the update, I will download the latest 18 nightly and I hope everything works fine...
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2017-10-24, 20:18)Martijn Wrote: Get new version from
ARM http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk
ARM64 http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...64-v8a.apk

Thanks the 17.5.1 arm64 fixed my issues w/ 17.5 on 2015 ShieldTV crashing on launch.
+1. v17.5 broke my KODI on Nvidia Shield, crashing non-stop

okay, just to elaborate the kind of drama the non-working 17.5 caused today, since Nvidia Shield auto-upgrades Kodi:
I was holding a presentation at work. Big thing, something I have prepared for 2 months. Then phone started ringing, it was my GF, I hang up. Phone keeps ringing, I hang up a few mores times. She keeps calling, my mind starts playing chineese mindgames about some kind of disaster, I excuse myself and leave the conference room to pick up the phone: "KODI IS NOT WORKING!!!!! I AM SERIOUS, IT'S DEAD. LIKE... REALLY DEAD!! AND THIS IS MY DAY OFF WORK, HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO WATCH THE REST OF BIG LITTLE LIES THENHuh?".

So yeah. Today is a fok-u-kodi-day.. but I'm sure I will love it again tomorrow Wink
(2017-10-24, 20:35)aboogerd1982 Wrote: For the Android users go into Android settings-> apps -> Kodi. I forced the app to kill and cleared the cache. Start the app and it worked again and no settings deleted.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

Cheers, Alex

Slightly OT, since this is not for a Shield, but since this problem extends beyond the Shield, on my Sony XBR850D the first thing I tried was clearing the cache. Upon restarting, I got a "getting ready to run for the first time" or something similar, then after a couple of seconds it crashed just like before.  Had to nuke the whole thing, as it didn't show any updates available.
Had the exact same problem on Nvidia Shield 2015, was no able to start Kodi 17.5 after the auto update from 17.4 ... had to reset cache and data from within the Android TV to fix it, lost every setting and plugin, I just finished re-installed everything and configged again ... but I found a bug!

Can't right click for context menu's like before ( it worked in 17.4 and previous versions ) using my keyboard, Logitech K830
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZOP...UTF8&psc=1
How long do updates take to post on the Google Play store (Nvidia Shield.) Cause I'm still rocking 17.5 and there is no option to update Kodi yet... Plus 17.5 keeps hanging up on exiting, should have turned auto update off! You live, you learn. (But one hell of a day; long work day, my workstation blue-screens, other PC video-card crashes, Kodi wipes out. Technology....)
Have you tried direct download using the "Download" button at the top of the page?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Me? What page, the Kodi page in the Google Play store? It only has Open, Uninstall, Full Description, and Flag. I thought maybe I had it, but I stopped auto dl's and my build is 17.5 on the system screen. Im looking into side-loading it but never have and was happy I didn't have to seeing how it was in the play store.
@Avostear,

At the top of this page... Top left next to the Kodi logo. "DOWNLOAD"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay, says installed. But on Kodi system screen it still says 17.5, should it say 17.5.1?
Sorry, that I do not know. I don't use Android. But I imagine it should say 17.5.1

One of the Android Team should be here in about 1-2 hours
My Signature
Cool, yeah im getting a hang up on exiting and upon entering im getting progress circles like its have issue loading but 17.4 never had those. Really crappy.
(2017-10-26, 00:50)Karellen Wrote: Have you tried direct download using the "Download" button at the top of the page?

Us on the Shield TV can do that, but it takes extra work if you have never done it before. Shield TV is an Android device, but it's Android TV which means no web browser is provided. You need to find one in the Play store that will let you install it to Android TV, or take other steps to sideload the APK. It is a hassle.

I got bit too and I am waiting for the Play store to update to 17.5.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5 unstable on Nvidia Shield TV0