Where would I report a Kodi 18 Beta problem?
A Kodi 18 problem appeared about 10 nighly builds ago.  Where on the forum would I report the problem?  I've searched but can't find anything about the Beta testing. Thank you.
best would be on Trac (see bug tracker at top of the page)
thank you.
I tried the bug tracker.  Followed directions for making a log file.  Tried to upload the log file but received the error 'This file is too large. Max size is 1MB.'  Couldn't find to post anything.  Then read to maybe just post on this forum as the developers sometimes see them.  Okay.  I'll try this.

I have been downloading the nightly builds for Kodi 18 for a long time. I use subtitles as I can't hear spoken words.  I move the subtitle bar up higher on the screen.

I go to System/System/DisplayVideo calibration/Subtitle positioning (1350) and reset it to (925).

This has always worked in the past. But starting about 10 nightlys ago the setting no longer stays. If I close Kodi 18 and reopen it, the setting goes back to (1350). There's no way to retain the (925).  Currently have Build: 18.0-BETA2 Compiled: Aug 29 2018.  I have Kodi on a Nvidia Shield. Thank you if anyone sees this and can correct the problem.
Larger log files you can try to post via https://paste.ubuntu.com/ . Otherwise, chop them up.
(2018-08-29, 13:29)lakedaisy Wrote: A Kodi 18 problem appeared about 10 nighly builds ago.  Where on the forum would I report the problem?  I've searched but can't find anything about the Beta testing. Thank you.
Although the forum does not have a specific beta testing thread or subforum, I still think it is a good place to make initial bug reports (for beta or any other release). Choose a suitable support subforum e.g. for music related suff use "Music Support", or if platform specific pick the platform under "General Support", or the "OS Independant/Other". Create a new thread with a descriptive tiitle and explain clearly in the post how to reproduce the issue. If you put it in the wrong place, or the nature of the issue becomes clearer later, a moderator can move it to a better one.

A lot more people look in the forum than ever use Trac, it creates the opportunity for them to confirm they see the same or maybe explain your mistake (that happens too). Do not expect an instant response, be patient and polite but also persistent, the team are all volunteers trying to support Kodi in their spare time. A team member may subsequently ask you to raise a ticket on Trac, then do so but give it an airing on the forum first. You may be asked for more information, please provide it.

The truth is that with millions of users and a relatively tiny dev team, bug reports can linger un-noticed (or at least unresponded to) in both the forum and Trac. If there are people out there with quality assurance, bug triage and great interpersonal skills that would like to volunteer their time and energy to this area of Kodi then please come forward. Perhaps I am mad to ask think anyone would like to be in that hard place between needy/expectant users and over-stressed grumpy volunteer devs, but maybe someone can take that in their stride and contribute in that way to the great project that Kodi is.
Problem still exists in the most current Beta builds.  Been going on for several months now.   

System/Display/Resolution 3840x2160 /Refresh rate 60.00 /Video calibration/subtitle positioning - works fine, subtitles stay where positioned.  But screen stutters while playing video due to 60.00 setting.

System/Display/Resolution 3840x2160 /Refresh rate 59.94 /Video calibration/subtitle positioning - doesn't keep the subtitle position after exiting Kodi - returns to default setting.  Screen doesn't stutter while playing videos and plays fine.

Still can't find any place to report this other than here.  And can't send any logs. thank you.
Start a thread in the support section under the OS in question, or for generic/multi-OS use the OS independent one.

Logs can be uploaded to our server via the log uploader add-on (available in the built-in repo) and the link added to the post here (don't paste logs directly)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks DarrenHill I'll post this on the Android area.

I installed and just tried using the Kodi Logfile Uploader.  Got Error.  Says 'This file is too large. Max size is 1MB."

I don't have a build installed.  Only AeonNox Silvo and a couple Add-ons. Any suggestions concerning uploading?
DarrenHill.  I went to Android to post, but read the Important Thread at the top and it says not to post (for several reasons listed.)  This is one of them...

5. Bugs, problems, or issues you do not intend to help out with fixing.

I can't help fixing as I can't program Kodi.  Heck, I can't even find the source.  I've been trying to find the source for System/Display/Video calibration, but haven't found anything relating to the kodi system other than Aeon Nox Silvo.  This is on a Nvidia Shield. 

I can program a little of the Aeon Nox Silvo, as I can get inside it.
See the debug log (wiki) pages on the wiki for more details.

Depending what the issue is, the best way is to enable debug logging, reboot your device, recreate/trigger your issue and then upload the log directly.

Every time you reboot a new log is started (the previous one is kept, with the older one being discarded). Hence doing that keeps the log file size to a minimum.

If the log is still too large, it can be either manually copied and pasted to a site like paste.ubuntu.com that accepts larger file sizes, or if all else fails use a cloud storage solution. The log is just a text file, and it's location on your device can be found on the wiki pages. The uploaded add-on simplifies things, but using it is not mandatory.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To add for the secondary question.

"5. Bugs, problems, or issues you do not intend to help out with fixing."

I'm struggling to find that part you quoted, but to clarify the meaning a bit. We don't expect you to start coding (I can't do that myself Wink ), but all we ask is for you to work with us to help identify and solve issues. That starts with the log file, but may involve answering supplementary questions or perhaps testing some things if it's not something one of our developers can reproduce.

We get some "drive by" reports, where we just get vague information ("it doesn't work" for example) with no details, no log and no answer to followup questions. All that normally gets are comments relating to a lack of crystal balls being available or lamenting our lack of psychic or magical abilities to wave a wand and fix things.

Of course users who can contribute technically are most welcome to do so, but all we normally ask is for people to meet us half way with information.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where would I report a Kodi 18 Beta problem?0