1 out of 3 PIs always freezes during playback
I have 3 PIs all running Libreelec/Kodi 17.6.  They are identical builds (copied), though the PIs are different versions (1 2, 1 3, 1 3B+).  One of them freezes everytime I play video.  Usually within the first 30 minutes.  It then reboots after about 15 seconds.  I changed the power supply.  I tried a different TV.  Since the builds are the same, I am not sure what else to check.  

This happens whether playing a file from my NAS or streaming (PS VUE).  

I went into the settings screen and left it overnight and it did not reboot.  It is only while playing video. 

Here are the logs (though I'm not sure if it is useful in this situation):

Crash log:  https://paste.kodi.tv/arebokuhaf.kodi
Regular log: https://paste.kodi.tv/pojafomabo.kodi
No support whilst that placenta junk is there... You should know the forum rules (wiki) by now.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It was disabled,, but I uninstalled it.

Updated logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/zujugezoxe.kodi

https://paste.kodi.tv/ukuzepagiz.kodi
10:12:18.143 T:1944682608 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.placenta.metadata has been installed.'

The script is still there and running (which I hope shows you quite why we dislike these things so damn much - do you know what that script is doing even after you've uninstalled the add-onHuh). I would strongly suggest you manually remove it.

More generally, if you swap the SD cards between the Pi's, does the issue move with the card or stay with a given Pi?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I deleted the folder from Addons and UserData.  

When I swap cards the PI that froze still freezes and the other one seems fine.  Hardware issue?  I'm not sure if there is something in Libreelec where I shouldn't be swapping installs.  I can try a fresh install, but this PI was working and I didn't make any changes leading me to believe it could be hardware.
That would be my conclusion yes.

I would try the fresh install to be sure, you can always either use a new card for it or take an image of the current one first and restore it afterwards.

There's nothing much I can see in the logs, but I think the ends are cut off which might be hiding something.

Kodi Blog Posts
Could be overclock/memory settings are too much for the one Pi.
When I put a stock build on a different sd card it doesn't freeze. 

There is no overclocking.  In checking that I realized that I need to manually put in my mpeg-2 licenses in config.txt when I copy a build (though I didn't buy one for the 3B+).  But if it is working in the new build without the license, it seems unlikely that would be the issue.  

I guess I can copy of my settings/addons in batches and test between each copy.  I don't have a lot of add-ons, but use Arctic Zephyr and have customized it quite a bit.
The license key is specific to the device, so you will need individual ones for each Pi. If you copy the key from one to another it won't work there, it will only work on the pi it was registered to.

From all you've said so far I would wonder perhaps if the specific Pi does have a hardware issue, but it's only being triggered if the license is in place and so using some specific hardware in processing the MPEG-2 codec. But that should be easy to partition by removing the valid license and using software decoding (allowing of course for performance degradation as a result).

Kodi Blog Posts
To clarify, it doesn't have the mpeg-2 key now and it didn't before (when crashing).  When I copied my main build months ago, I forgot to redo the license key (it is the default as the PI 3B+ I copied from doesn't have a license).
If it doesn't freeze on a stock build and you've there's no overclocking, then it is probably add-on related.

FYI, if you have multiple mpeg-2 licenses for multiple RPis, you can simply add the license keys in the same line in config.txt separated by commas:
decode_MPG2=key1,key2,key3
Your Pi will only use the key if it is the correct key and ignore the others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1 out of 3 PIs always freezes during playback0