Beta Kodi Beta 5 on Nvidia Shield, broken subtitles
Downloaded subtitles won´t be displayed on Nvidia Shield with latest Beta 5. Tried clean install, reinstall, and even upgrade from 17.6. 

I had to revert back to october 27 nightly to get them to work properly.
They work on my '17 Shield.  I've been using downloaded subtitles since Alpha to the current RC1.
Strange! I could not get a single downloaded srt file to work. Only mkv with built in subtitles was showing properly.
Even tried browsing and loading srt files, still no go. 
Tried nightly from nov 4 and latest beta5 apk.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Check the subtitle position by using the video calibration setting.
Its seems to be when its in fixed position go into settings > player > Language > Subtitle Position on Screen and Change from fixed to Bottom of Video etc. That worked for me.
(2018-11-07, 17:45)conguero23 Wrote: Its seems to be when its in fixed position go into settings > player > Language > Subtitle Position on Screen and Change from fixed to Bottom of Video etc. That worked for me.
 Ah thanks! That did the trick! Installed yesterdays nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta 5 on Nvidia Shield, broken subtitles0