v19 .nfo not being read properly between two PCs
I recently organized my entire library for Kodi using tinyMediaManager, which scrapes info from TMDB and is saved in the directory of the show as an .nfo alongside a jpg for thumbnails, posters, etc.

This works fine on the PC from which I did the organization. (Example of an .nfo here) However, on my 2nd PC some episodes are missing, or have absurd numbering orders (1023).

I copy and pasted everything over from one PC to the other via an external drive (NTFS to NTFS to NTFS), directory names for the shows themselves are the same between the computers.
Could it be drive lettering differing?
I'm a bit confused on why this is, I had assumed the .nfo paths are relative and it only tries to match the .nfo to the video filename. Is this not the case? Are they hard paths? But if that was the case why are some shows fine and others not?

Is there anyway to figure out what may be going on? It's a sizable library to me, so I'd prefer not to have to retransfer/rename anything.

Please let me know if there might be any more info I should provide.
I don't see a way to edit my post.
A correction, EXT4 to NTFS to NTFS.
The source drive is on a network file share being run on a NAS using Linux.
(2022-10-03, 10:25)Slender Wrote: I copy and pasted everything over from one PC to the other via an external drive
What is "everything". What exactly did you copy over?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-03, 10:28)Slender Wrote: I don't see a way to edit my post.

You are a newcomer to this forum, thus certain temporary restrictions are in place as anti-spam measures. These will be lifted in due time.
(2022-10-03, 10:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-10-03, 10:25)Slender Wrote: I copy and pasted everything over from one PC to the other via an external drive
What is "everything". What exactly did you copy over?
The directories containing the nfos and the video files.
(2022-10-03, 10:25)Slender Wrote: However, on my 2nd PC some episodes are missing, or have absurd numbering orders (1023).
If those tv shows above are in your library, delete them.
Scan those tv shows back into the library and capture it in a Debug Log and provide the link to the log.

But I can already see a problem with your episode naming which is most likely why you are getting those weird episode numbers.
Your screenshot shows your episode numbering as 01 but it should be in the format S01E01.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-03, 21:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-10-03, 10:25)Slender Wrote: However, on my 2nd PC some episodes are missing, or have absurd numbering orders (1023).
If those tv shows above are in your library, delete them.
Scan those tv shows back into the library and capture it in a Debug Log and provide the link to the log.

But I can already see a problem with your episode naming which is most likely why you are getting those weird episode numbers.
Your screenshot shows your episode numbering as 01 but it should be in the format S01E01.
Sure, but it works just fine on my source PC. Why not on the second? It's like it's just ignoring the .nfo data and going off filename.

https://paste.kodi.tv/poloricazi.kodi
(2022-10-04, 02:36)Slender Wrote: Sure, but it works just fine on my source PC. Why not on the second?
Can't answer that except with... "differences between platforms". Your setup is wrong, but you got lucky with one system, the other system didn't work as expected

(2022-10-04, 02:36)Slender Wrote: 's like it's just ignoring the .nfo data and going off filename.
Yes, that is how it works. It finds the file, inspects the filename then once it is satisfied it goes and searches for nfo files and artwork.
In this case it is not satisfied, so it stops searching.

Look at line 797 of your log. It is telling you it "could not enumerate file" which means... where is the season and episode number.
Look at line 850 where it has misidentified 720x480p as s720e480

Renumber your episodes to use the correct S01E01 format and it will work correctly for you.
My Signature
(2022-10-04, 03:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-10-04, 02:36)Slender Wrote: Sure, but it works just fine on my source PC. Why not on the second?
Can't answer that except with... "differences between platforms". Your setup is wrong, but you got lucky with one system, the other system didn't work as expected
(2022-10-04, 02:36)Slender Wrote: 's like it's just ignoring the .nfo data and going off filename.
Yes, that is how it works. It finds the file, inspects the filename then once it is satisfied it goes and searches for nfo files and artwork.
In this case it is not satisfied, so it stops searching.

Look at line 797 of your log. It is telling you it "could not enumerate file" which means... where is the season and episode number.
Look at line 850 where it has misidentified 720x480p as s720e480

Renumber your episodes to use the correct S01E01 format and it will work correctly for you.
Okay I'll try that, thank you for the help.
(2022-10-04, 05:50)Slender Wrote: Okay I'll try that, thank you for the help.
Great. Let us know if it solves the issue Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo not being read properly between two PCs0