Linux Crackly audio at start of playback (HDMI)
I've been experiencing this issue since I did a full system update around the time Linux 6.0 was released.

Basically, if I navigate to the video I want to play..  Wait a few seconds and start playback.  The audio will be distorted and crackling, this will then gradually clear up over the next 5-30s and play fine after its cleared up.  If I pause a video for more than a few seconds the same thing happens when I press resume.

I thought it was a bug introduced with Kodi during my full system update, so I rolled back and checked multiple versions of Kodi that worked fine in the past.  But I experience the same audio glitch even in these old versions of kodi...  Which seems to point to it being an issue introduced in the Kernel.  The strange thing is only Kodi seems to exhibit this behaviour.  I watch youtube, spotify, play games..  Never any audio distortions, ever.

Unfortunately I can't successfully boot any Kernel pre-6.0 to do any comparison tests.  Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

My system:
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D / 16GB DDR4 3200 / Asus B350-F Strix Mobo
AMD Radeon Vega 56 8GB

Current software:
Arch Linux 6.1.8 Kernel / Nobara 6.1.7-201.fsync.fc37.x86_64 Kernel (tested on both)
Kodi 20.0-2
maybe a debug log capturing the behavior could move this forward a bit?

obviously im suspicious of hardware cables but theres no information to point to or exclude this here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crackly audio at start of playback (HDMI)0