New Fire 4K Max - stops playing 4K from my NAS
(2023-10-25, 13:47)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-10-25, 13:43)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-10-25, 08:17)frodo19 Wrote: Yeah, that's what I did too.

Is there no way to force kodi to use the kodi iecpacker? With any script or command?

Nope - as the device and the format are not there from Audiotrack. You cannot send IEC packets and put it into the "SW Mixer" which RAW is ...

I still highly wonder why your device behaves like this - did not see that for anyone else using this new device, including myself.

I noticed, when fs4kmax2 audio settings set to best available, and kodi iecpacker used,
all movie sounds passtrough correctly, but the 2.0 pcm music files passtrough to dd+ 2.0 instead of pcm 2.0.
Possible solution, need fs audio set to pcm, for the correct kodi music passtrough.
This is long known and kodi can do zero about this. Amazon decided that whenever DD+ is supported, that they will keep the audio device open and transcode every PCM to that format. You can nicely see that inside kodi: Kodi opens a PCM sink properly, it gets an Audiotrack with the proper format. But transparently under the hood amazon decides for this dolby encoding.

Btw. for the original issue "stops playing 4k" from NAS. There is a new setting (currently in a PR) where you can change the chunk size for your SMB / NFS connection up to 1 MB. You might give that new setting a try. Make sure to change the setting, quit kodi and then play a movie - else the already established context might be used, just to be on safe side.

APK is here: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/android-arm-...bi-v7a.apk
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fire 4K Max - stops playing 4K from my NAS0