v21 Multi-Episode NFO files are no longer read correctly
Since I updated Kodi to the newest official release, multi-episode NFO files no longer work. Only the information for the first episode is used, everything else is not only not recognised but even prevents Kodi from scraping missing information from the internet.

An example:

A file with three episodes named S01E01E02E03. If it's scraped without an existing NFO file, all information is displayed correctly. If I now export the library to generate an NFO file for this episode, the file itself is also correct - multiple <episodedetails> tags with all required information.

But if I know refresh the information on these episodes, only the information about the first episode is recognised, the other two episodes have no name or any other information and are just "02" and "03" instead of e.g. "02. Pilot Part 2" and "03. Pilot Part 3".

This also occurs when I refresh episodes that already were in my library correctly before the update without even touching the nfo files, so the issue must be how Kodi 21.0 reads (or rather doesn't read) multi-episode NFO files.
(2024-05-11, 03:25)Assassiiinuss Wrote: multi-episode NFO files no longer work. Only the information for the first episode is used, everything else is not only not recognised but even prevents Kodi from scraping missing information from the internet.
I can confirm your report.

Can you create an Issue report on Github here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
When I see the report, I will mark it as confirmed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/25198.
Apologies, it's a bug I introduced in #24565.
Thank you! Does that mean I don't need to submit a bug report?
(2024-05-11, 23:17)Assassiiinuss Wrote: Does that mean I don't need to submit a bug report?
No need. Thanks.
I've asked for a test build (v22) to confirm it all works again. Once that happens, it will be backported to v21 and I can ask for another test build and you can install that to get it multi-episodes working again.
Might take a few days, but check back here every now and then.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-05-11, 03:25)Assassiiinuss Wrote: multi-episode NFO files no longer work
Here is the Windows 64 test build with the fix for v21... https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/wind...ge-x64.exe
You should be able to install this over the top of your existing Kodi install, then rescan those affected tv shows.

The original PR has been merged into Master (v22). The PR for v21 should be merged in the next few days and it will become part of v21.1 when it is released. You can then just update to v21.1 without issue.
My Signature
New Issue Report here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25224
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Episode NFO files are no longer read correctly0