XBMC Live boot to a flashing login prompt
When booting XBMClive disc, select option 1 for NVIDIA, loading screen appears and then drops to a flashing screen with xbmc login prompt.

Logged in using xbmc/xbmc, tried to start xbmc and recieved an error that x11 is not running. Tried startx and was presented an error that the NVIDIA GPU is not supported by the 173.14.09 NVIDIA driver. Fatal server error no screens found.

A quick look at NVIDIAs website reveals that support for my card was not added until 177.13

Version: 177.13
Operating System: Linux x86
Release Date: June 17, 2008

Release Highlights

* Added support for the following new GPUs:
o GeForce GTX 260
o GeForce GTX 280

Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.66 G0
8GB TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX x2
ASUS Striker Formula II nForce 780i
BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX260
Microsoft MCE remote
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
newer drivers are expected to pop up, possibly for Atlantis gold.
Stay tuned.
I get the same flashing screen issue on and am unable to login

on a
3000+ 2.0 GHz
1 gig of ram
all in wonder 9200SE (0pen GL 1.3)

I realise this is below the 1.4 minimum but I have had the linux and windows port running on this pc. Is any chance I will be able to get this to run as I was under the impression that 1.3 was enough as long you had RB shadersHuh
If you have had it working on Ubuntu then you could try to copy that xorg.conf to XBMC Live.

Create a folder called "config" (without the "")on the USB Drive from windows or linux and add the xorg.conf in that (/etc/X11/xorg.conf)

Hopefully it works for you.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
l.capriotti Wrote:newer drivers are expected to pop up, possibly for Atlantis gold.
Stay tuned.

I hope that is true even for the ATI drivers?
hopefully!
Hello I have a shuttles sn68ptG5 with a NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV / nForce 630a chipset.
when I tried to boot with xbmc live beta 1 and 2 and i have got a prompt flashing on my screen.

I have tried the to make a folder "config" with my xorg.conf, it doesn't boot.

I have a Panasonic Plasma connected to the shuttle via HDMI (no video on screen) and connected via VGA (flashing prompt) when I connect only the vga i got the flashing prompte and when i connect only the hdmi i got no video at all.

On the shuttle a i have windows XP working well and ubuntu 8.04 working well.

Thanks in advance.
I have the same ploblem to, strangely the same thing happened when installing ubuntu. But got around it by plugging a old crt monitor via vga to the HTPC. Do all you guys use hdmi or dvi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live boot to a flashing login prompt0