Remote control buttons behavior REW/FF
Everything works fine using Ubuntu 8.04 and an MCE receiver using lirc, but I find the behavior strange at best.

When pushing fast forward or rewind, you need to "cancel" it out by pressing the 'reverse action' instead of "play".

Is there a way to change this?

Example: when fast forwarding at 8x (having pushed FF 3 times), I need to push rewind three times (back to 4x, 2x, 1x) to stop the forwarding, which is rather annoying.

Thanks for your time.
You can also hit pause, I believe.
+1....this combined with rewind not working (fast forward instead...known bug) is really hurting my WAF.
+1 I'd love to just be able to hit PLAY and have it play at that point. I'd also second the WAF part - this bugs the heck out of anyone using my systems who aren't trained on how to properly FFWD or RWND. they all complain and thus I usually have to handle the remote...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Uhm?! it is like this?

Press f 3 times and then p will make you go out of FFWD. And have been for like always afaik Oo.

Your keymap.xml might be bad?

Also RWND works in SVN for me.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
The behaviour I'd expect from the MCE remote would be:
  • Play always starts or resumes playing a video. If I press it while a video is playing, nothing happens.
  • FFWD / RWND works forward/backward in a cyclic fashion.
  • Pause always pauses playback. If the video is paused and you press pause again, nothing happens.

Does XBMC work like this for any other remote? Or is it only the MCE remote that has some awkward default settings? It shouldn't be difficult to work out a better default MCE remote control keymapping and check it into svn, assuming we can agree on what's a good default behavior.
johan77 Wrote:The behaviour I'd expect from the MCE remote would be:
  • Play always starts or resumes playing a video. If I press it while a video is playing, nothing happens.
  • FFWD / RWND works forward/backward in a cyclic fashion.
  • Pause always pauses playback. If the video is paused and you press pause again, nothing happens.

Does XBMC work like this for any other remote? Or is it only the MCE remote that has some awkward default settings? It shouldn't be difficult to work out a better default MCE remote control keymapping and check it into svn, assuming we can agree on what's a good default behavior.

MCE Remote have awkward default settings like hell Smile

Please make one that works as you´d like an post on trac, that would be great. Mostly the problems is that its not 100% possible to map MCE without destroying other remotes, thats mostly why it hasnt been done perfect in SVN.

But I would say pause button should unpause if paused. Isn´t this normal MCE behaviour?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:MCE Remote have awkward default settings like hell Smile

Please make one that works as you´d like an post on trac, that would be great. Mostly the problems is that its not 100% possible to map MCE without destroying other remotes, thats mostly why it hasnt been done perfect in SVN.

But I would say pause button should unpause if paused. Isn´t this normal MCE behaviour?

Yup, I'll see if I can find the time to create an MCE remote setup that works better, and then share it with the community.

And yes, now that you mention it, I think pause un-pauses in MCE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control buttons behavior REW/FF0