displayremotecodes in linux or not?
After a whole week of work, I got my imon remote working...I'll post about that soon. Now also xbmc uses it nicely. What I wanted now was extend the remote's functions using all those non mapped buttons. The usual answer here is "go to advancedsettings.xml and activate displayremotecodes". This does not work. At least not here. Reading through the wiki there are a few points where an "XBOX only" appears before the universal remote mapping explanations.

So, now, if any of you xbmc developers could just answer this: is this feature supposed to work with the linux port or not?

thank you.
rickx
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45972

May the Search be with you, Luke.
Thanks, Obe-Wan.

I had seen that. But it does not exactly answer my question...but I suppose it means that:
the obc codes do not depend on something you first read on screen (the codes xbmc receives) like on the xbox but are simply a way to map buttons, so I'm free to assign those 256 keys in any way and any order...right?

I'll try that.
And...maybe those wiki pages could claritfy this point a bit.
It's not. Key presses should be logged to the users log (var/tmp/<username>-xbmc.log).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
ok, another small step closer...(thanks, did not think about looking THERE Blush)
There I see entries like
Code:
14:00:35 T:3053303616 M:1336475648   DEBUG: Update - NEW at 527679:2b8595b700000201 00 Audio imon_pad (Audio)

for those buttons not mapped. But I don't see any code to use - only those already mapped with the standard remote functions show their key codes
Code:
14:04:19 T:3053303616 M:1340256256   DEBUG: Update - NEW at 752027:298595b700000201 00 Subtitle imon_pad (Subtitle)
14:04:19 T:3053303616 M:1340256256   DEBUG: OnKey: 229 pressed, action is 117

So I'm still missing something, I guess...

Edit: Ok the last reply confused me. Now I understood it was an answer to the first question. I've saved the log and I'm parsing out the codes. Then I will load the results...in case somebody cares.
rickx Wrote:so I'm free to assign those 256 keys in any way and any order...right?

Yes, if you use an SVN Version >= 19th Feb 2009.

vdrfan Wrote:It's not. Key presses should be logged to the users log (var/tmp/<username>-xbmc.log).

Well, I'm not sure if this is true for the Linux port, as LIRC handles the remote devices and XBMC does not have (or at least should not have) the permissions to access the raw key codes (usually only LIRC is able to access the IR device). LIRC maps these codes to LIRC button names and provides them to clients via its daemon.

So if you use a current SVN version of XBMC you can map any LIRC button code to any obc<number> tag. Then you use these obc<number> tags to assign them to XBMC actions.

Temar
Temar Wrote:Yes, if you use an SVN Version >= 19th Feb 2009.

Well, I'm not sure if this is true for the Linux port, as LIRC handles the remote devices and XBMC does not have (or at least should not have) the permissions to access the raw key codes (usually only LIRC is able to access the IR device). LIRC maps these codes to LIRC button names and provides them to clients via its daemon.

So if you use a current SVN version of XBMC you can map any LIRC button code to any obc<number> tag. Then you use these obc<number> tags to assign them to XBMC actions.

Temar

see my edit above. seems a misunderstanding again Eek he was referring to the 1st post.
rickx Wrote:After a whole week of work, I got my imon remote working...

By the way, which imon device do you have? I have a 15c2:0038 device with a RM200 remote. If you got the same one, I could send you my configs. I have mapped all the buttons of my remote to XBMC functions.

Temar
Thanks, I appreciate that, but I would loose the joy to accomplish this whole battle by myself.Laugh
I have an Inter-tech 2008V case, the remote is the one with the [bastard] pad. The ids are the same as yours, but the pad direction keys are patched to become buttons, but not with the pad2buttons patch, so...I'm almost done anyway...post will follow.

I can already attach the keymap file. It (for now) looks like this:

Code:
        <obc1>XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</obc1>
        <obc2>PowerOff</obc2>
        <obc3>Info</obc3>
        <obc4>Play</obc4>
        <obc5>OSD</obc5>
        <obc6>Rewind</obc6>
        <obc7>Pause</obc7>
        <obc8>FastForward</obc8>
        <obc9>BackSpace</obc9>
        <obc10>Stop</obc10>
        <obc11>SkipNext</obc11>
        <obc12>ParentDir</obc12>
        <obc13>PreviousMenu</obc13>
        <obc14>Select</obc14>
        <obc15>Queue</obc15>
        <obc16>ContextMenu</obc16>
        <obc17>Up</obc17>
        <obc18>Down</obc18>
        <obc19>Left</obc19>
        <obc20>Right</obc20>
        <obc21>zoomout</obc21>
        <obc22>zoomin</obc22>
        <obc23>close</obc23>
        <obc24>PreviousMenu</obc24>
        <obc25>XBMC.EjectTray()</obc25>
        <obc26>XBMC.ActivateWindow(playercontrols)</obc26>
        <obc27>XBMC.ActivateWindow(home)</obc27>
        <obc28>Playlist</obc28>
        <obc29>Mute</obc29>
        <obc30>VolumeUp</obc30>
        <obc31>VolumeDown</obc31>
        <obc32>pageup</obc32>
        <obc33>pagedown</obc33>
        <obc34>ShowTime</obc34>
        <obc35>Number1</obc35>
        <obc36>Number2</obc36>
        <obc37>Number3</obc37>
        <obc38>Number4</obc38>
        <obc39>Number5</obc39>
        <obc40>Number6</obc40>
        <obc41>Number7</obc41>
        <obc42>Number8</obc42>
        <obc43>Number9</obc43>
        <obc44>CursorLeft</obc44>
        <obc45>Number0</obc45>
        <obc46>CursorRight </obc46>
        <obc47>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos,movies)</obc47>
        <obc48>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</obc48>
        <obc49>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</obc49>
        <obc50>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos,tv)</obc50>
        <obc51>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Video Bookmarks)</obc51>
        <obc52>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10126)</obc52>
        <obc53>XBMC.ActivateWindow(weather)</obc53>
        <obc54>XBMC.ActivateWindow(scripts)</obc54>
        <obc55>XBMC.PlayDVD()</obc55>
        <obc56>XBMC.ActivateWindow(favourites)</obc56>
        <obc57>ShowSubtitles</obc57>
        <obc58>Container.NextViewMode</obc58>

The keys are more or less in the same order of the remote buttons - top to bottom left to right. The details are yet to come. I'll study what to put in the single window sections.

You could post yours anyway, just to compare them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
displayremotecodes in linux or not?0