Problems updating the library
I've been running XBMC for a couple months now and no problems until now. Every time I start to update the library it gives me the: XBMC has encountered an error and must shut down. If anyone can help point me in the correct direction to figure out this problem. I've tried to delete the library and start over, but no luck.

http://pastebin.com/m69db7c81

System:
GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Ram 2gb
Core 2 duo e7400

All files are stored on a server and setup via SMB share.
Please update to the recently released 9.04 ALHA1 and report back if the error still exists.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I will update, but I noticed in the log file the problem was with a few of the files that had failed in the un-raring process. I deleted them and all was good, has the new release been updated to accommodate for rar files, or at least to ignore them?

-Evan
Are those .rar files password protected? Please post a full debug log showing the un-raring issue.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan,
I've had problems with the Library updating also - for 2 weeks now. I'm on a rev from 2 days ago at this point. All my files are over SMB share.

All I get is "The Library is Empty" msgs. My DBs are 4896KB (default is 608KB - was over 8MB when it was working)) and 1296KB (default size)

I've looked through everything and cannot find where is associates a folder to a library type?

my settings...
<scrapers>
<langfallback>true</langfallback>
<moviedefault>tmdb.xml</moviedefault>
<musicvideodefault>mtv.xml</musicvideodefault>
<sep2></sep2>
<tvshowdefault>tvdb.xml</tvshowdefault>
</scrapers>

<musiclibrary>
<albumartistsonly>false</albumartistsonly>
<autoalbuminfo>true</autoalbuminfo>
<autoartistinfo>true</autoartistinfo>
<cleanup></cleanup>
<defaultscraper>allmusic.xml</defaultscraper>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<export></export>
<import></import>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep2></sep2>
<updateonstartup>true</updateonstartup>
</musiclibrary>

also set for both Libraries...
<updateonstartup>true</updateonstartup>

LOG...
Quote:09:35:22 T:212 M:2682966016 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/6/
09:35:22 T:212 M:2682966016 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/7/
09:35:22 T:2036 M:2681544704 ERROR: PICTURE:Big GrinoCreateThumbnail: Unable to create thumbfile special://home/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/9/9c2c79be.tbn from image smb://office/tv/Human Weapon/folder.jpg
09:35:52 T:296 M:2680967168 ERROR: PICTURE:Big GrinoCreateThumbnail: Unable to create thumbfile special://home/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/9/9c2c79be.tbn from image smb://office/tv/Human Weapon/folder.jpg
09:35:58 T:212 M:2660667392 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11
09:36:08 T:212 M:2679197696 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Videodb is working fine here. Mind posting a full debug log please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems updating the library0