XBMC not working?
Yeah sorry,

Im just getting really hacked off here, its been a long day, i thought this would be simple and its not. I have no idea what im doing and even less idea what im looking for to give to you guys to try and help.

Is there a way i can uninstall? That way i can start again.
see my sig for the locations.
Ive seen that,

But is that somewhere on the ATV? Or on my Macbook?

Id like to know for next time.

Ive managed to get it running, i just reinstalled it with the USB stick. I have plenty more questions but they can wait for another day.
Im not finding it friendly at all.
ynot Wrote:Ive seen that,

Did you even try looking ANYWHERE?
ynot Wrote:Ive seen that,

You are able to post several times the question where to find the log. At least 3 people told you, where to look.
Ok, you don't know on which machine. What about looking on BOTH? What is so hard to type an "ls" + [the path could have been able to read from the link on MaestroDD's first post, in his sig or in davilla's sig] on BOTH machines?
Next hint: You write a program for a machine A. You have two machines: A and B. Where would you put the log? A? B?
ynot Wrote:But is that somewhere on the ATV?

hm, does your "somewhere" mean, that you have no clue, what
/some_dir/some_other_dir/some_file
means?
XBMC wouldn't run at all, so how can i get into it to get the log files?
ynot Wrote:XBMC wouldn't run at all, so how can i get into it to get the log files?

Try to start XBMC - after it crashes or does whatever, goto the folder mentioned previously and then get the file xbmc.log and paste the contents to http://pastebin.com/ and then paste that link back here. We really can't help if you can't follow those steps.
ynot Wrote:XBMC wouldn't run at all, so how can i get into it to get the log files?

Let's be clear. a) The patchstick does/does not run, b) Launcher does/does not run or c) xbmc does/does not get launched by Launcher?
Like i said, its sorted now. I reinstalled it off the patchstick. But what was happening before is the first time i run xbmc it opened but had a small screen. I then closed it down to restart xbmc to see if i could get a full sized screen up, but it wouldnt run (well i believe it was running i just couldnt see anything). All i got up was a black screen, so there is no way i could navigate to the logs. Hence not having a clue where they were.

Now its up and working it would be appreciated if someone could direct me to an "idiots" guide on XBMC as im really not sure what to do with it now.

All my movies (all .mp4 at the moment) are run through iTunes (on my Macbook) but stored on a external hard drive connected to a airport extreme.
I seem to have found them, well most (im not sure why some are missing). But the names are incorrect and there is no artwork as all this was added via iTunes.
Im also not sure how to change the skins, i cant seem to find any in the library.

Thanks
ynot Wrote:All i got up was a black screen, so there is no way i could navigate to the logs.

So I take that as a "Yes" to my last question. The logs are in the filesystem NOT in xbmc.
/directory/other_dir/file
is a path in your computers filesystem that you can reach with a console or fileexplorer of your choice. It has NOTHING to do with xbmc!
I think you do not need a dummy-guide to xbmc but a guide how to use your computer and how it basicly works.
Quote:All i got up was a black screen

post the Launcher version number.
hug0 Wrote:S
I think you do not need a dummy-guide to xbmc but a guide how to use your computer and how it basicly works.

Oh please point me in the right direction then.

Its Launcher 3.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not working?0