How can I start an App from XBMC?
Question 
Hi,

at first I've got to apologize for my bad english!!!
I'm using XBMC with PM3.HD Submenus Mod and Programs activated in the MainMenu on Debian-Lenny(x86).
I got two problems: I have edited the home.xml and the "submenu.xmls" because I wanted "german buttons"Confused
( the wife-factor, you knowLaugh ) That was no problem.
Within the submenu mod I got new buttons (subsection videos and programs) which I also edited like (XBMC.RunScript...)
to start several apps.
I wrote a script that starts vdr-sxfe in fullscreen mode when I pressed the "not set button" in the video subsection (works pretty well) so I did in the programs subsection.
I renamed 3 buttons to "FretsOnFire" and "Ultrastar-Deluxe" and "Iceweasel".
Ultrastar starts without probs, but I can't get Frets runnig from XBMC. It won't work and I'm to stupid to solve this.
I hope someone of you guys can help, please.

The other problem is that I want to run Iceweasel(Firefox) from XBMC. I can start the program but just in the background. XBMC is still in the foreground. What have I to do to solve thisHuh

Please if anyone can help this would be great.

Kind regards

Oliver

PS: please apologize for my realy bad english once more!Confused
currently you can use Launcher plugin to launch applications.
see:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/wiki/Main
or search the forums for more details.
Launcher plugin does not work proper!
And according to the WAF I would appreciate 3 buttons for starting fretsonfire ultrastar and any kind of browser.
So my wife can't destroy anything. Big Grin
Please if anybody got an idea!!!!

Greets

Oliver
Depending on what skin you are using Apps can be launched via the programs menu.

Xtv has a program menu, it`s hidden so you may need to play with plugin settings.

Just add the source folder and off you go...and be careful not to summon my avatar by accident. Grumpy is not the word.

Hehe.

Cheers Vin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I start an App from XBMC?0