Acer Aspire Revo sound problem throu 3mm contact
Hi
Got my Revo today, and threw into XBMC Live directly. I do not have HDTV yet, so I drive through the VGA and sound with 3 mm contact.
The problem I have is that I get no sound in the movies (DVD rip). Menu sound in XBMC it works, I hear the (clicks).

In Systems > Audio Output I have:
Audio outputs: Digital (Analog tried but same problem)
Audio output device: iec958
Passthrough output device: iec958

Hope you can help me to solve this problem.

Reagards Anders
plutonium44 Wrote:Hi
Got my Revo today, and threw into XBMC Live directly. I do not have HDTV yet, so I drive through the VGA and sound with 3 mm contact.
The problem I have is that I get no sound in the movies (DVD rip). Menu sound in XBMC it works, I hear the (clicks).

In Systems > Audio Output I have:
Audio outputs: Digital (Analog tried but same problem)
Audio output device: iec958
Passthrough output device: iec958

Hope you can help me to solve this problem.

Reagards Anders

Never heard of an audio receiver called "3 mm contact". Does it support digital audio ? if not, stick with analog output.
I'm going to assume you mean the 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of the Revo. That's an analog output. IEC958 is the digital output (either the optical or HDMI). You'll want to switch it to Analog out and use appropriate analog device (probably called "front").
My bad.
Of course, it is 3.5mm in front of Revon.
Do I change the .asoundrc to activate it?
I solved it. I changed to custom, and typed in "front".
Thanks for your help!
Shouldn't have to touch .asoundrc if you select the appropriate device inside of XBMC. The only time you really should need to touch .asoundrc is if you want to change the "default" device for some reason. If you're using XBMC that's not necessary since it allows you to select the alsa device directly.

Just change the output to Analog and pick "FRONT." That should work for ya.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire Revo sound problem throu 3mm contact0