Zotac Ion Weird Sleep Problems
hey im experiencing minor problems with my zotac ion..well usually after watching a movie i put the computer to sleep..So pretty often now when i wake up in the morning i look at the computer and HDD indicator is on it's not flashing but constant. i try to wake it but i guess it's awake since the fan is on. weird thing is im not getting hdmi output. so my only solution to this is to unplug the powercable for bout a minute then when i turn it on says "resuming windows" lol wtf.

now what is strange is why is the fan on and lights when i haven't tried to wake it up?

i have my power plan set to high performance.

i have win7 and i have all updates as of today.. i tried to download bios driver from zotac but when running the .exe says error loading driver.
update your bios, that usually helps sleep and power management issues. Updating bios is usually not done via an exe file, and is not a 'driver' per se. The bios is the firmware that is coded onto the cmos chip on the board, it usually must be flashed by booting to a usb drive containing the bios update, or though a menu in the actual bios. Some motherboards support updating through windows, but it is riskier and doesn't always work correctly. The zotac website should have adequate information about the topic.
vinistois Wrote:update your bios, that usually helps sleep and power management issues. Updating bios is usually not done via an exe file, and is not a 'driver' per se. The bios is the firmware that is coded onto the cmos chip on the board, it usually must be flashed by booting to a usb drive containing the bios update, or though a menu in the actual bios. Some motherboards support updating through windows, but it is riskier and doesn't always work correctly. The zotac website should have adequate information about the topic.

I was looking through at my bios and there was some config about it's sleep behavior. I set it to sleep it was set to i think hybrid sleep which saves all your work to ram. So i guess it was going into hybrid sleep im not sure..But the bios update came with a exe and i followed instructions from the zotac site..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Ion Weird Sleep Problems0