ps3 controller with keypad
Has anyone tried using the ps3 sixaxis controller with the add on keypad? Not sure if it would work, but would like to try it. Just not sure because the keymapping would have to include all functions as well as a full keyboard. I would like to try it but let me know if you don't think it will work. or any issues I might run into

I searched everywhere and found no mention of this keypad on this site or any other htpc site.

Thanks for the input.

Craig
The ones I looked at a while back came with their own usb receiver, there's a good chance they'll just work as a keyboard if you connect them to your pc.
That is quite possible given the port at the top of the sixaxis remote does look like a standard mini usb. My question tho is if it could be used while connected to the controller. So you have the sixaxis controller for navigation and functions while you have the keyboard for search and name changes.

Or even the xbox 360 controller with keyboard for that matter.

Either one of these would make an awesome full featured controller for the xbmc system.
Google says no in relation to the 360 keypad there is no driver available.

The PS3 keypad sounds much more promising, read this as the person was able to use it as a normal keyboard and as a mouse under Windows XP.
I think im just going to pick one up and try it. Worst case, I return it if I cant get it working.
craigz Wrote:I think im just going to pick one up and try it. Worst case, I return it if I cant get it working.

Hi, I was thinking of doing the same - had you any luck with this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ps3 controller with keypad0