Music Playback is working only after pressing pause
same problem with svn 35658.

I try to change the default player to dvdplayer, the sigle music file can be play. But when playing the image file by cuesheet, i can not choose the song except the first one of list.

While this work around allows my mp3s to work, another feature i'm missing by changing the default player in the advancedsettings.xml is there is no crossfading now between tracks?

Does anyone know when this problem was introduced into the SVN, because maybe I'll go back a few revisions to fix this for now?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
I have this problem with r35668 ( co from 12/22 ). Also with Dharma-pvr ( from this date ). Workarounds fixes Problem playing Songs (and Albums) from Music Library, but NOT from Playlists and Favourites.
Last stable for me was pvr-testing2 r35160. Wonder if I should switch back to this Version (Installing addons in Dharma also don't work)
Developers know about the Problem ? Cant find it in Bugtracker
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
I noticed a comment in the trac states
Quote:this problem there is only for non 48 000 Ghz files with custom audio device as "48k"

Does this mean we need to use a custom asoundrc file?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Anyone have any follow up information on this issue? I just updated to the latest svn today SVN:35744. Still the same issue. I can't think that all the users are changing the default player in the advancedsettings.xml
Guys i think there is a bug in audio device enumeration which might have has something to do with this problem.See trac.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11004

The problem is that xbmc does not always pairs any working device for "default" device in guisettings.xml. Try to fool around with audio settings. Try to set explicitly the device you want to use, maybe as a custom device. You don't have to remove the whole .xbmc folder if you want to test things, just try to just edit the guisettings.xml file. I have a patch in that ticket you might want to try. Though i am not sure your problem is exactly related to this.

Also note, that Audio Engine branch will be merged soon, and that will change everything. So there is not too much sense to fix this issue at the moment.

Cheers, Alan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:Guys i think there is a bug in audio device enumeration which might have has something to do with this problem.See trac.

Thanks Alan, explicitly selecting an audio device (through the normal UI) instead of 'default' fixed it for me. Smile
Hi guys, I have a similar issue. Playback starts and everything is okay, then at a random time it starts cracking, alot. Like it´s playing the same music twice but with seconds apart. I pause it and press play again and presto it´s all okay. Problem is, it will do the same to the next track. This only happens when playing Mp3 and it seems also only when it´s connected through the analog interface. Has anyone spotted a solution for this issue anywhere, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playback is working only after pressing pause0