[atv2] xbmc ftp client - hide hidden folders
hi, i'm using the new eden beta on my atv2 and i'm streaming videos from my ftp-server. everthing works fine, but the xbmc ftp client is showing the hidden folders from windows (recycler etc.).

is it possible to configure the xbmc ftp client to "hide" the hidden folders?

thanks
there is a setting in xbmc somewhere (video -> filelists or so?) ... not sure if our ftp client supports it but worth a try...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:there is a setting in xbmc somewhere (video -> filelists or so?) ... not sure if our ftp client supports it but worth a try...

thanks, there is an option under appearance -- file lists -- show hidden files... , but that's not checked. and setting this option doesn't change anything. any other ideas?
then its not supported with our ftp implementation ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What ftpd is it you're running? Shouldn't the server handle the hidden/system dirs?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:What ftpd is it you're running? Shouldn't the server handle the hidden/system dirs?

I'm using a filezilla server on Windows 7. Every Google hint/link tells me, that i have to configure that behavior in my client setup and the filezilla server doesn't have a config option for handling the hidden files/folders.
I'll try to reproduce and add the hidden handling to our ftp directory if it's possible without much hassle.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:I'll try to reproduce and add the hidden handling to our ftp directory if it's possible without much hassle.

cool, thanks Big Grin
FYI, it's not possible. At least it is not with our FTP implementation and i still think its FileZilla's fault. Sorry.
vdrfan Wrote:FYI, it's not possible. At least it is not with our FTP implementation and i still think its FileZilla's fault. Sorry.

ok, thanks. i'll try to solve the problem on the server side then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv2] xbmc ftp client - hide hidden folders0