Has anyone gotten XBMC working on ATV2 with new 5.0.1 jailbreak yet
Just saw the new seasonpass jailbreak released. Anyone got XBMC working with this yet?
Quite a few: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I got it running successfully on iOS5 with the new Seas0npass untethered jailbreak by following the instructions here -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#ATV_5.x

Putty did freeze once in the middle of installing but a quick reboot (menu + down for 7 seconds) and i started from the beginning and it installed fine.... did try nito first but was not a good way to go on ios5.

I have to say, for some reason my atv2 seems a bit more responsive inside of XBMC than when it was on 4.4.4, I'd heard that 5.x maybe wouldn't perform as well.
Apple did list this on the changelog for the ATV software 5.0.1 update (aka, iOS 5.1.1): "Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance". So maybe we got back that overhead that we lost after 4.3.
Unfortunately i tested that this morning, although responds seems faster i still have trouble with HD content =/
It would be nice if someone could perform some testing of different ios versions to see how performance is. Unfortunately due to lack of blobs this someone isn't me...

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Well perhaps you should recheck your last thread Rofl .. i posted a nice howto and saves old blobs as a bonus Big Grin
I will when I'm not on an iPhone..... And thanks.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
HD content isn't smooth on Eden take3 of XBMC.
I've attached some logs in the other thread about the issues found on take-3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone gotten XBMC working on ATV2 with new 5.0.1 jailbreak yet0