Win Crack.zip while attempting to play video
Hi!

I've recently did a complete wipe and reinstall of XBMC due to startup issues (stuck at splash screen). After I setup all my sources again I tried to play a movie and this was the result:

It just keeps attempting to load crack.zip and I have to close XBMC manually. I'm using the XBMC 11.0 stable version and I've only downloaded addons from the official XBMC repository except for one addon: Trakt Utilities.

Is my computer at risk and how do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Never seen that before. Remove all the Trakt add-ons and see if that goes away.
Thanks for your response. I reinstalled XBMC again but the problem persisted. I noticed that my libary wasn't cleared (even though I checked the delete all user info box during the uninstalling). I then deleted the whole XBMC folder under AppData and reinstalled XBMC again. The problem seems to be resolved for now! Reinstalling the Trakt add-ons also works.
I've never heard of that crack.zip before. To me it sounds like something left over from another random add-on.
and ominously named
Hey I'm unsure if you have fixed your problem with the .zip file loading upon playing a video, but I had a similar problem which I was able to fix without reinstalling XBMC.

All I did was look for the .zip file that XBMC was trying to load within the usrdata/.xbmc folder (in Linux) and deleted all of them; they seemed to have duplicated as the XBMC tried to re-acquire the file and extract it over and over again. Upon doing so, videos played correctly again.

Tip: don't leave any .zip files in your share folders where XBMC will find them, so that it doesn't happen again.

Best of luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crack.zip while attempting to play video0