Choppy 24p Playback - GeForce GTX 670
I'm having a pretty annoying problem with my PC and switching to 24p for movie playback. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 connected via HDMI. I start up my computer in 1080p60. When I launch XBMC and play a movie (with the refresh rate switching enabled, of course), the refresh rate switches to 1080p24 and the movie starts playing, but it's very, very choppy. It's like the display isn't syncing up with the new refresh rate or something. But it's getting about 3 fps when it switches. HOWEVER. If I actually change the system's resolution to 24hz refresh rate and restart the computer, THEN launch XBMC and play a movie at 24p, it plays back flawlessly. This would be a perfect fix if I only played 24p movies on my TV, but I don't. I switch between games and other things all the time, and having constant 24p is kind of limiting. Has anybody else experienced this type of problem with this graphics card? I really don't know if it's just XBMC or not, but I don't really have another way of testing it.
Are you keeping both the monitor and TV screen open at the same time? This issue looks like a property of your gfx card set-up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy 24p Playback - GeForce GTX 6700