Linux Feedback on proposed XBMC HTPC Hardware Please
The past couple of years I've found the best prices are the week leading up to Black Friday and the day itself. Cyber Monday has been lame.
(2012-11-08, 23:54)Dougie Fresh Wrote: The past couple of years I've found the best prices are the week leading up to Black Friday and the day itself. Cyber Monday has been lame.

True that. 520W PS from newegg for $25!

-john
I do not understand, that if you have a discrete graphics card, why go A4, A6, A8? A4-3300 is dual core, and AMD is no-go as GPU under linux. Why not quad core x4-631? passmark = 3631
Well, I am now up and running with openelec on a 2G SD card. Two USB drives (1.5TB total) and an NFS share (750G or so). Using my Droid2 as a remote. Wired networking. 5.1 DTS is working over optical. I can't even hear the PC when it's on. Smile

Running 3.0-Beta2. Mostly all is good. Couple of minor things, which could just be me not setting things up correctly, but the movie playing is flawless.

Way better than a WDTV.

I may have to try moving the USB drives back to the server to see if I can stream my blu-ray rips over the network. WDTV forced me to put all my blu-ray rips on locally attached drives, leaving the SD rips on the network.

I did find it odd that turning subtitles off is under the audio menu....but oh well.

Final hardware:
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.5GHz
MB: ASRock H77M
Video: Asus GT610, fanless
Case: Coolermaster
PS: Antec
RAM: 4G

-john

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feedback on proposed XBMC HTPC Hardware Please0