Tvheadend
Hi,

I first enabled the add-on Tvheadend HTPS. After that I enabeld Live TV.
When I try to run Live TV it says TVheadend HTSP Client Connection lost.
Can someone help me?

BTW I'm running Frodo RC1 on my android tab
I'm assuming you did all the other steps too, like actually set up a Tvheadend server?
I didn't do that. The wiki page didn't help me along.
Are you able to say how you can set up a server or give me a link where it's explained.
Thnx
Hi FrodoLTR

The wiki is a bit out of date, and in the UK the frequencies of the transmitters may not have been updated since analogue was switched off (and the digital muxes moved around a bit in many areas)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR.../Tvheadend Is quite good - though slightly US-centric it details the rough order of how to set-up your config. You need to start tvheadend with the -C option the first time you run it usually (this removes the password / login requirement so you can set-up a password and login!)

In the UK you may need to delete the muxes that you get added by your location, and instead add the right frequencies for your transmitter. UK Free TV is a good site for these details. For my DVB-T/T2 stick I didn't need to do much apart from set the bandwith (8MHz for UK muxes) - leaving the other settings on AUTO worked for me. (UK uses 8k and 64QAM these days - 2k and 16QAM are no longer in use)

Where are you in the world? I can give you a bit more of a hint if you are able to tell me.

There's also a lot of support in the TV Headend section of this forum here : http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=168
I'm the land where the red lights shine over the streets. The Netherlands :p
I saw that wiki when I was searching. I really don't know how to download it on my android tab. That's the confusing part, when i see all those codes and other ubuntu stuff
Are you trying to run the TV Headend server on your tablet, or are you running the server on a Linux PC? I think most XBMC Android users are likely to be using just the client on their Android device not the server?

Do you have a DVB-T/S/C tuner for your tablet working already (i.e. what source of Live TV will you be using)?

I think most people playing with running the TV Headend server on Android are likely to be compiling it themselves to run on hardware like the MK802 sticks or possibly Pandaboard type stuff running Android.

I only have experience running it under Debian and Ubuntu Linux installs.
Aha, I see.
I'm using a windows pc, therefore I need a different client.
I thought you could run the server on your android tab.

Edit:
I just saw on the wiki page that by using windows you can't use a android client.
That means no Live TV for me Sad
AngryWhat it that mean ?
Tvheadend HTSPclient connection lost

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend0