Req Stereoscopic - adjust SBS / OU rendering?
Hello All,

1st I want to compliment development with this feature. No more trouble with 3D subtitles and menus! :-)
However for me, the SBS screen are too far apart with movie playback. This results in eye strain and not pleasant watching.

Would it be possible to adjust the SBS / OU screen overlay so that you can configure how much the screens overlap?

Thanks!
isn't that something you usually configure in your TV?
It's possible to do yes but default sbs setting on the TV is nice and sweet when i disable stereoscopic (and have to fiddle around with 3dsubtitler). When 3D stereoscopic is on, and minimizing the depth on the TV, does not give the normal viewing pleasure i have with the default setting. Also the framing isn't stable when changing the 3D depth on the TV. Specially during scene changes, the frames tend to shift from default point to the latest manual setting ..awkward.. LG did not respond to any of my emails regarding this.

Even if the 3D TV is working properly, I think the back and forth 3D changing on the TV will be annoying and could also be forgotten. The possibility to manually adjust the framing in XBMC would be very powerful in my opinion.
@diems
Do you have your tv in a 1:1 pixel mode (i.e. with no overscan), and hence no calibration settings in xbmc to adjust for this?
Any calibration to compensate for overscan will mess with the sterescopic effect.
Popcornmix, I have indeed messed with under/overscan to see if the frame overlay will change. This however does not happen. If I change under/over scan without stereoscopic, i do see frames shifting.

I had issues with frame overlay before with older xbmc versions (before stereoscopic was implemented) and then found it had to do with under/overscan.
Not all TV´s/projectors having this feature to adjust the depth. For example the optoma projectors.
And the software cyberlink powerdvd have this function included and is very usefull there.
So it would be good to have this in xbmc.....
any thoughts about adding this functionality?
Reply yes if you vote for this feature :-)
it might be added in one way or another (maybe even skins with depths), but not for Gotham
(2013-10-20, 12:30)diems Wrote: Hello All,

1st I want to compliment development with this feature. No more trouble with 3D subtitles and menus! :-)
However for me, the SBS screen are too far apart with movie playback. This results in eye strain and not pleasant watching.

Would it be possible to adjust the SBS / OU screen overlay so that you can configure how much the screens overlap?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, changing the depth is not possible for xbmc. The depth is pretty much hardcoded for sbs or tab formats. In order to change the depth, one would have to modify the original sources (pre-rendered) and since the left and right eye pictures are just static renders, xbmc cannot do that. Asking xbmc to do that would be comparable to asking xbmc to move hardcoded subtitles up or down on the screen, ie not really possible.

The depth of the menus and the non-hardcoded subtitles CAN be modified by xbmc, however, as xbmc creates them on the fly and has the ability to modify the pre-rendered source.

Some TVs may adjust depth if they convert 2d to 3d themselves, or they may adjust the depth of their menus.

PS3 and XBOX can adjust depth in games because they have access to the pre-rendered images.

See my post on the other thread for more info: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1535900

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic - adjust SBS / OU rendering?0