Music Library question
So I have well over 3000 albums and after adding the entire albums directory I realized that many aren't tagged properly leaving me with multiple instances of an artist showing up in my Artists list under slightly different names.

To solve this problem I basically want to just add albums to my Music Library as I see fit (I know this may seem tedious....but it will work out better for me personally).

Since doing a "clean library" while the external wasn't connected didn't clear my library I took to deleting the "MyMusic.db" file under my Profile section.

Now the problem is when I go to an album folder under the Files tab in Music and select "Scan Item to Library" it goes through the scan process but I don't have the Library option under music anymore. No new "MyMusic.db" file has been created either so does anyone know how to remedy this?
Not sure if this works, but I would try to remove the path to your music library (and potentially to other libs), clean the audio lib and then re-add the paths and rescan. If that fails, the next step would be too
Code:
touch MyMusic.db
in the relevant subdirectory under $HOME/.xbmc/ (I cannot access my box right now, I guess it is in userdata...)
Should that also fail, boot a XBMCBuntu live version, and copy the dammned thing from there.

Lesson learned: Instead of deleting important system files, a "mv foo foo.bar" is almost always the better idea :-)
what does it say in your log(s)?
are you using mysql or local?
You have to set content to a path in order for the Library options to show up.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I know this isn't really what you asked, but it is an alternate solution. Have you heard of musicbrainz? If not, I suggest you check out their software called "Picard"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library question0