TV Shows not working via UPNP
Today I setup the latest version of Ghotam on my Minix X7 and I added movies, tv shows, music and concert videos from my main HTPC via UPNP. Everything works flawlessly except for TV shows. They are correctly added but when I click on the TV show i expect to see the list of seasons but nothing happens. All TV shows posters and fanart show up fine but clicking on any show doesnt do anything.

I have deleted and added them again few times but its the same issue. Any suggestion?
Known issue right now for Android UPnP clients. The only work around I've managed to figure out is removing the TV show fanart from the UPnP server, though I have no idea why that works (and it still takes longer than it should to load).
(2014-05-18, 07:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Known issue right now for Android UPnP clients. The only work around I've managed to figure out is removing the TV show fanart from the UPnP server, though I have no idea why that works (and it still takes longer than it should to load).

You mean I should remove fanart from my HTPC (source server) ? How do I go about doing that?

Strange though because this workaround doesn't make much sense as fanart loads fine in both movies and TV shows but the later one is the where the problem is at.
It doesn't make any sense to me either. All I know is that if there is no TV show fanart then the seasons/episodes load. There is still something broken because it takes a long time to load, longer than it should, but it does load the episodes and they do play. I'm not sure I would actually recommend doing this, as it's not really practical, but it's the only work around that I know of.
(2014-05-18, 23:28)Ned Scott Wrote: It doesn't make any sense to me either. All I know is that if there is no TV show fanart then the seasons/episodes load. There is still something broken because it takes a long time to load, longer than it should, but it does load the episodes and they do play. I'm not sure I would actually recommend doing this, as it's not really practical, but it's the only work around that I know of.
Since it's a known bug, any idea when we should expect a fix for it?
Not sure if my problem is related or not, but here goes.
I have an ATV2 running 13.0 which has the database on it.
I have two android devices (tablet=13.1 RC1 and a XIOS=13.0) which I setup to use uPnP to the ATV2 for Movies and TV Shows.
Both devices play TV shows fine, but neither will play anything from the Movies section.
The list of movies and the art all shows up, but selecting a movie to play just leads to a pause (it does not say "working" in bottom right corner).
Eventually after pressing anywhere on the screen, the response "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."
I have checked the log file but not much in there means anything to me.
To compare, I created video sources and scrapped the movies on the androids and they play fine that way.
Was hoping to have the uPnP sharing for resuming to work though.
(2014-05-27, 06:30)ajamils Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 23:28)Ned Scott Wrote: It doesn't make any sense to me either. All I know is that if there is no TV show fanart then the seasons/episodes load. There is still something broken because it takes a long time to load, longer than it should, but it does load the episodes and they do play. I'm not sure I would actually recommend doing this, as it's not really practical, but it's the only work around that I know of.
Since it's a known bug, any idea when we should expect a fix for it?

Not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not working via UPNP0