XBMC: does it support 3D Anaglyph?
Hi guys,

I saw this statement in XBMC 13.x release notes:
"Starting in v13, XBMC supports a number of passive 3D video formats such as SBS, TAB, anaglyph or interlaced. This support extends to the XBMC GUI including subtitles and on-screen-controls."

I have couple of Android devices (like Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with Android 4.1.2 and Minix Neo X8-H with Kitkat 4.4.2) where I have XBMC installed (Gotham 13.0 version). While playing a 3D SBS movie I have never saw the anaglyph option shown, but only side-by-side, top-under or 2D.

On my Windows 7 laptop instead I can see & choose the anaglyph options.

My TV set is a 42" Full HD plasma TV.

With all my internet searches I was not able to find an answer about the anaglyph support in XBMC for Android. Can anybody add some light here?

Thx
Is my question kind of a redundant one? I see many people read my question, but nobody seems to have a clue, maybe one of the devs might have a saying?

Thx
If you can't select it its most likely not support ... my guess (not my area) is that anaglyph is only available on opengl and directx platforms which means no arm platforms (which are using gles) are supported...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It could sound logic what you are saying... I also saw in another forum, I think, that also OUYA & raspberry Pi are not supporting this 3D SBS - anaglyph, it looks like only Win/Mac systems can do this...

Any other opinions here?

Thanks
Grepping the code for "RENDER_STEREO_MODE_ANAGLYPH" shows that those modes are only implemented in GL and DX - thats what i already thought. So its for sure now Smile - all gles (arm) based devices lack support for this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, thanks guys.
Wouldn't be then useful to add a clarification statement in your SW release notes, so that other people will be aware of this limitation?
I can at least add it to the XBMC manual page on 3D (wiki). So I take it that both anaglyph and interlaced are not listed on ARM? I'll give it a shot myself and see what options I have. Thanks for the heads up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC: does it support 3D Anaglyph?0